Temple

Lavinia's POV:

I don't know why Daisy wants us away from Deepdean, but all I care about is getting away from here.

With Amina and Daisy gone, Clementine has tried to take their role as Miss Important, and failed. I'm still proud of getting the shrimps to trash her dorm room and rob her tuck box. She knows it's me, but she doesn't have any proof.

Me, Kitty and Beanie all were looking through Clementine's tuck box in our dorm when Matron rushes in.

"Temple! Your mother just called from Aswan in Egypt! Your grandfather is very ill, and might not make the week!" I opened my mouth to say that I didn't have a grandfather, but Kitty elbowed me. I know what she was thinking, It's probably Daisy, "She wants to talk to you three, come along!" She rushed us down the stairs to the House telephone.

I picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Lavinia! It's Daisy!" Of course. "There's trouble on the ship! —And no, no one has died. Hazel might be going back to Hong Kong forever!"

"What?!" I exclaim.

"Yes. We need your help. My uncle has arranged a flight to Aswan, with you three. Just act really sad all the way until your alone with him. I'll explain everything when your plane lands!"

The line cuts off. I turned around furiously to Beanie and Kitty. "Well? What did your mother say?" Matron impatiently asked.

I pull myself together. I try to look my saddest. "She wants us all to fly to Aswan." I try to tear up. "G—grandfather wants to see me one last time," I can see Beanie giggling behind Matron. I glare at her. "My uncle is going to drive us to London Airport, in one hour." Beanie and Kitty both look confused. "Uhh—we better go pack our stuff," I grab both of them and pull them up to our dorm.

"What happened? Was it Daisy? What did she say? Are we really going on a plane?" Kitty fired with questions.

"Just pack your bags, idiot!" I growled. "Daisy's Uncle Felix will explain it to us on the way to Aswan."

"Ooh Aswan!" Beanie said. "I wonder how many Pyramids are there!"

Kitty and Beanie talked and talked while packing, going into their stupid world of imagination, while I worried for Hazel.

At Two O' clock sharp, there was a knock on our door.

"Hello, girls. I am Mr. Mountfitchet. May I come in?"