Fifteen

Vote, Comment, Follow melaninispower

Excuse any errors and enjoy!

It was five in the afternoon when we wrapped up at the convention, but it was still in full swing as we were leaving. I just wanted to get back to my room and crash out on my bed. My date wasn't until nine, so I would have a couple of hours to rest before Rihanna arrived. 

"You guys go ahead. I think I'm gonna hang around here a little bit longer," Noah said as the three of us left the building. 

"You mean you're going back home with that girl you were talking to?" I raised an eyebrow at him. He wasn't even trying to hide the fact that he was a cheating scumbag who slept with his fans. He did insist that his marriage had been over for years, and that his wife was probably doing the same, though I wasn't sure how much I believed him.

He grinned malevolently. "Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies."

Beyonce tutted. "As fun as it is standing around discussing your infidelity, I'm tired. I'm getting in the limo." She turned to me. "Are you coming or not?"

As much as I wanted to tell her to go to hell in that limo, I too was exhausted. I would have preferred not to do the fifteen minute journey with a woman I despised, but I grudgingly conceded. I wasn't going to entertain any type of conversation with her, however.

I scooted right to the end of the seat, trying to leave as much space between us as I could, but when she climbed in after me, she reduced that space. For the first couple of minutes of the journey I said nothing, simply sat with my arms folded, looking out of the window. I could feel her eyes on me. 

"Why are you so quiet all of a sudden? You've always got something to say," she said, after some time. Even that simple sentence was filled with scorn. She was incapable of talking to me without it.

Silence.

"I asked you a question," she said, noticing that I wasn't responding.

More silence.

"Now you're just being childish."

I slowly turned to look at her, my expression blank, my arms still folded. I held her gaze for a few seconds, before turning back to the window, without breathing a word. A tiny smile made its way to my lips. I knew this would get to her.