Chapter 16.

I've been living in Aquam for only three weeks. Three long weeks. It hasn't been easy for me, and especially for the people around me. Fayre has been trying to cheer me up, but sadly she doesn't really know how. Peter has been trying to be gentle like Fayre, but that is just not his nature. 

For the first two weeks I've been in and out of my room. King Charles said that since there hasn't been any danger around lately, I can come out of there. I was relieved to hear him say that. My room started to feel like a prison. It's filled with many thing I wish to forget. And little pieces of my phone. 

I wasn't really in a great emotional state for those weeks. I'd take my anger out during training, but after a training was over, I would start to break down again. Peter would then take my back to my room, sit me down, and let me cry on his shoulders. When I finally settled, I would go to the wizard to work on my magic. 

At least I improve on that. I could now resurrect a dead cockroach. Finally on the Sunday morning, I didn't feel any kind of depression. I actually felt happy.  When I came out to eat breakfast, everyone was surprise to see how much better I felt. I was actually smiling. 

For once, everything was normal. I even forgot about Matthew and the real world. It felt like I've lived here for my entire life. I decided to take on more responsibilities throughout the castle. I've been searching for different herbs for Eglantine and for the wizard. I've been helping Fayre with chores.

Her family finally let her work in the castle. She could have started working last year but of course her parents said, "She is still too young to be working. We need her more in the house." Even Peter agreed. 

 I understand that they don't want their daughter to grow up. My parents didn't enjoy it when I had to come here for my first day of training. But it was either let me grow or let a whole kingdom die. So you probably know which one they went with. 

Today is now Friday. Me and Peter have to go to the forest to get a lot of herbs for Eglantine, and a few berries for Baxter. Then some wood for a few of the royal carpenters. There are only a few weeks left until the anniversary of Aquam. Everyone will prepare for the festival. 

As I go to the stable to ready my horse, I see from the corner of my eye, Peter sneaking up to me. Does he really think he can scare me? I slowly pull my sword out. I then point the tip of my sword to his chest. He stops cold. He look at me with wide eyes. 

I start to laugh. "Look who's scared now," I smirk. Peter narrows his eyes. He slowly pushes the sword away from him. Feeling proud, I place my sword back into my belt. 

"You really need to learn how to be sneaky. That would be a good asset in the battle field."I point out as I stroke my horse. 

Peter laughs and leans against one of the horse's stall. "Ha ha very funny. If I scared you, you wouldn't be so cocky right now."

"But you didn't because I at lease check my surroundings," I say. Peter shakes his head at me. I laugh. I love it when I humiliate him. He grabs his sadle and place it on his horse. When he is finished, we both get on top of them and head for the gate. 

It's a beautiful day. The is shining high above our head. All the trees and the grass are green and lush. There is even a small breeze that blows across my face. This day can't possible turn bad. As we ride along the dirt road, we talk about the fesival. I can't wait until it comes. 

Peter is thinking about asking Eglantine, but he always says that. Instead he asks me. I say yes, but we just talk and eat all night. We never danced together. Not once. And lets keep it that way. 

I look around the area, which is what I do everytime I ride on horse back. I see all the different animals that call this place home. Which also means more things to fight off when searching for goods. Once we enter the forest, the sun disappears.