Chapter 1.

I'm back near the lake, looking at my reflection in the crystal-clear water thinking about how different I must seem if I act the way I do in Aquam in the real world. The only place where I can show my true strength, and be respected. I think about swimming in it, but a voice interrupts my thoughts, forcing my to look up and I get a volleyball to the face.

        "Hey! Learn to hit the ball!" yelled a fellow student, his face showing signs of annoyance. He doesn't even bother to ask if I was okay.

        "Sorry, I was thinking." I say, trying to hide my anger and the argue to punch him.

        The boy cursed under his breath, but I don't care. Besides later today I will be in Aquam, letting my anger out on a practice dummy.         

        "Come on Megan that was all you." teased my friend Hunter.

        I laughed and turned my head and saw Matthew looking at me. He sees me and gives me a small smile. I return the smile and it fades quickly. Why, why do I do this? I need to let him go, but I just can't! 

        "Megan, the ball is not Matthew!" teased Chris, another one of my friends. 

        I looked back to see if Matthew noticed what Chris said, but luckily he didn't hear a thing. I give Chris an "I'm gonna kill you" look but he just laughs. " Why can't I be as intimidating here then when I'm in Aquam." Sadly, I notice its my turn to serve the ball. Thankfully that is the only thing in volleyball I'm good at. I take the ball from the boy and he looks at me very seriously. 

        "Don't mess up." said the boy using a very harsh tone as he walks to his spot on the court. 

        Why does everyone takes volleyball so serious, I mean its not the end of the world if we lose. Its suppose to be for fun, but right now I am having the worst time of my life. I walk up to the line where we are suppose to serve. I get in the position to do an underhand serve and then I served it. The ball flies through the air and ends up hitting the net.

        The P.E. teacher calls game and we lose. The boy very angrily, slams the ball to the ground and it ends up going high in the air. You expect some people to be more mature once they're a senior in high school.  The bell ring and its time to go home. Finally, the school year is over. My last day of high school has come to an end. I get my stuff and walk faster to meet up with Hunter, Chris, and Matthew. 

        "Hey, wait up!" I shout trying to get them to slow down. 

        Of course since its them, they walk faster. I want to run, but that will reveal my surprising speed and I promised not to show my powers, strengths, markings, or scars to anyone in this world except my family. So I decided to just jog it and soon enough I caught up. 

        "So we're done with high school, ready to start collage?" I asked, anticipated to hear their answer. 

        "Ha, of course not." replied Hunter. He never was a the smartest in our little circle.

       "Of course your not, but I am." said Chris. Me and him are about at the same level of intelligence. 

        "What about you Matthew, I bet your ready since you are the smartest one here." I say, hopping to be right. 

        "What? Oh....um......yeah I'm ready." stuttered Matthew. He got something on his mind, but what? I open my mouth to ask him but he cuts me off.

        "Megan, can I talk to you?" he asks. I am surprised and curious at the same time. Why would he want to talk to me, we really don't talk that much anymore. For some reason, he stop talking to me for about half a year now. I've always wanted to ask why, but I was always afraid.  

        "Um.....sure I guess." I said, not knowing what to expect.  

        We start to walk away from Chris and Hunter. When I look back, I see them giving me a smirk. I stick my tongue out and keep walking. We stop near the gymnasium and he looks at me. His handsome blue eyes meeting mine. He keeps his eyes on me while he says: 

        " I know how you feel about me." he says, and my heart drops.