Chapter 8.

The sun's rays enter my room, hitting my eyes. I sit up and stretch my arms. I check my phone to see the time. Only 9:30. This is what I get for sleeping too early. I get up and change back into my gown. I grab my cape and sword, then headed out the door. 

        I walked down the narrow stair case that ends in the Great Hall. I see the thousand year-old banners. All hung up for all to see. It shows the history of Aquam, the founder and his life, and the future of Aquam like the prophecy and her mission. I let out a sigh. If only the prophet wasn't me, I would be more willing to learn about it. I feel some sort of presence behind me. I quickly grab my sword and swing it behind me. My face quickly turns to fear when I found my self pointing my sword at the King. 

        "Ha, at least I know you are always on your guard." King Charles said. I'm so relieved he didn't get angry. I might end up in the dungeon. "I'm very sorry your Majesty. I thought someone was creeping up on me." I said while taking a bow. 

        "Well I feel sorry for anyone who tries to scare you." he says. He lets out a chuckle and looks at me. "It's a good thing I ran into you. I have a problem and it worries me and his family." I start to feel concern. For some reason, I think I know of this person, but it scares me if it is him. " What is it?" I asks. 

        "It's Peter. I haven't seen him since last night and his parents said he never came home." he replied. My eyes widen in fear. How is he not here? Why would he run off? I look up at the King. I see a glimpse of concern in his face. "No worries my lord, I'll find him." 

        **************

        It wasn't hard to find him. I know he is always there whenever things get rough. He is sitting on top of the hill, next to the portal. "What are you doing up here?" I ask, hoping to get an answer. His head shots up. He gives me a smile and stands up. He is still in yesturday's clothes. " I was just thinking." he says.

        "Then why did you come here to think? You could of just think in the castle or your home." I pointed out. He walks over to me and meets my eyes. "Because I wanted to be alone." he admits. His voice so soft, its almost a whisper. "Whats wrong Peter?" I ask. 

        He doesn't respond quickly. As if something from his mind wants to come out, but Peter won't let it. "Nothing I'm fine. Lets go back. I'll have to deal with my parents later." he says. He gives me a small smile and we head back to the castle. 

        As we enter the castle gates, I see a two figures running towards us. I hear them both yelling Peter's name. I already know who they are. "Peter! Where have you been? Your father and I have been searching all over the village and have your sister searching in the castle." his mother said. Her voice sounds mad, but her face looks relieved. She throws her arms around her son. 

        Peter's father looks at me and smiles. "Thank you for finding him." he says. I return his smile and look back at Peter. He is trying really hard to get his mother off of him. He looks embarrassed. I'm not really helping him by laughing at him. 

        I decide to leave the 'happy' family by themselves.  I go back to my room and find my phone. I look at it and notice so many missed phone calls and texts from Chris and Hunter. My phone starts to buzz again and it startles me. 

       I answer the phone with a simple "hello." I hear Hunter's loud voice on the other end, with Chris's in the back. "How come you didn't tell us or answer our calls?" 

      I didn't really understand him until Chris's voice come on. "Why didn't you tell us you were dating Matthew? We are your friends, we have the right to know." I laugh and they still keep asking the same things. "Answer us." demanded Hunter.