Chapter 12.

I gathered everyone to the Great Hall. I had to find all the knights that were on the council. After wards, I had to catch my breath. We are all surrounded the King as we pay attention to everyone of his words. Peter is obviously standing right next to me. It is unlikely to have two apprentices in the knight's council. But since I'm the prophet and Peter is the best apprentice, they had an exception.

"Today, a Turdak came into the castle and tried to steal the necklace from Megan. Which contains crucial elements used to make the magic that Aquam depends on," explain King Charles,"I need more knights on guard in the castle from now until the Day of Faith. I want the prophet to be alive by the time that day comes."

Everyone nods their heads in agreement. We all start to exit before, but the King calls me over. We stood there silent until everyone left the room. "I need to ask a favor." he says very seriously. I walk over carefully with small steps.

"I need you to stay in your room until the Day of Faith has come." he says. My heart drops. I can't stay in my room until the Day of Faith. I need my space, I need to protect the kingdom. How can I do that when I'm stuck in my room?

"Your Majesty, excuse my objections but there must be another way, I need to train, I need to go to my world-"

"You can train. There is many apprentices to act as your guard. As for the other world, I'm not sure if that would be the safest thing to do." he say in a soft voice. My heart is underneath the earth right now. "There must be another way." I beg.

"Alright you can go, but I will send a group of knights to escort you to the portal and back. That mean you has to tell us when you are coming back so the knights don't stay there forever. We need as much protection as we could get." he says with a serious look on his face. I know that Aquam needs protection, but I need to meet Matthew.

I thank the King and rush to my room. One my way there, I decide to head for the royal library. I grab as many books that I can (and made sure they seemed interesting) and went to my room. Once I got there I placed the books on the small wooden desk next to my bed.

I plopped down on the soft blankest, grab one of the books and look at the cover. It was called Forbidden Queen Love. I let out the sigh. I didn't think this was a romance book. I only saw the word "Forbidden." I thought it would be more adventure.

Luckily it wasn't as bad as I thought. I read for the entire day. By the time I was done with the book Peter walks into the room. He looks at the book and laughs. "You are really reading that?" he smirks.

"Yes, it's not as bad as it looks." I say defending the book. He walks over to the small desk and place something on it. I look over to see a bowl of hot stew. The smell from the soup makes my stomach growl. "The King told me to give you your dinner for now on." says Peter sitting on my bed.

I let out a disappointed sigh. "Don't remind me."

He lets out a laugh and smiles. "Sorry about that. At least you get to train." he said We sit in silence as I eat my stew. I love it when Eglantine makes stew, it's my favorite. Finally Peter says something I thought I would never hear again. "King Charles wants you to go to the wizard's tower. For lessons. Ha, that's interesting."

I never thought I would go back there for lessons. Why would the King want me back? The last time didn't turn out so great. I'm so confused. The King commanded me to learn the types of magic that would be useful to know. It went quite well for a few years. But when I got older, my powers went out of control. Every time I had a session, the placed looked like a tornado hit it when I left.

I wouldn't be able to hide my powers to easily. Every time I feel like I was going to lose it, I ran into the bathroom and everything would vibrate. One point during recess, I let a few sparks out of my hands. The fact that my eyes would glow blue and I elevated didn't really help drawing less attention to myself.