Chapter 6.

We end up racing each other almost half way to the kingdom. Of course, I won. Once we got there, there was a tall figure waiting for us outside the castle gate.  He stands tall and his long brown hair flows down his back. His golden crown must way a ton, but it doesn't way him down. We got off our horses and walked toward King Charles. He welcomes me with a smile, as usual. " Looks who's back. Its nice to have you back this summer." he said. I give him a smile and return and spoke in the strange medieval accent that is basically my third language. "Glad to be back." 

            He nodded in approval and then went inside the castle. The old, cracked castle hasen't changed a bit since I first came here. I decided to head to my room and setup my things. Might as well do it now then later. I walk up the long, dark staircase and found my room. I open the wooden door and breath in the air. Smells like flowers, as usual. I unpack my things and I find myself looking at little portrait that I made a few years ago.

        It was a picture of me, Chris, Hunter, and Matthew the first time the four of us went to eat together. I asked the waitress to take a photo and I decide to make copies and give each person one of their own. I framed mine and keep it as memory. I am right in between Matthew and Chris, who was next to Hunter. This was before I grew feelings for Matthew. I notice that he has his arm wrapped around my shoulders. It makes me smile. Now me and him are together and we can have dinner without the other two.  I hear a voice that interrupts my thoughts. He almost startled me.

        "Hey, are you ready for training?" asks Peter. He should really learn to knock. I put down the picture and turn towards him. "No, but I'll be there. You go on ahead" I replied. I don't want to get him in trouble and besides, the instructor lets me come later since he knows I have to get ready. Peter nods in agreement and heads out. I close the door and go to the drawer to get my knight's suit. It looks like a short night gown.

         Its a maroon color with long sleeves that has a V-neck that shows my markings and it has a piece of rope to wrap around my waist. It makes the bottom part of the shirt look like a skirt. I put on the black leggings and my boots and cape which has a hood to protect my head from mother nature. I head for my trunk and pull out my sword.

        The long, beautiful, silver blade shines against the sun's rays. I trace my finger along the edges and a drop of blood falls on the ground. Still sharp, that's good to know. I smile at the reflection of myself on the sword.

        My diamond shaped neckles is shining on the blade. Its blue gem glowing. I always wear it. For me its my priority. It contains the magic Aquam is known for I get up and head for the court yard.

        Once I got there, everyone turns their heads in my direction. Some of the boys give me evil smile while the others just stand there, acting all strong, but they know I'm the strongest apprentice in the kingdom. "Well, well look everyone, its the prophet." said Alston. I can feel the anger rushing into my face. He is the most obnoxious boy in the entire kingdom. Honestly if it wasn't for my promise and Peter, he would of been dead already. "I'm NOT the prophet! How many times I have to get that through your stupid, little head?!" I yelled.

        My grip on my swords grows so tight that my knuckles turns white. I hate it when he keeps saying that. Every chance he gets, he always brings it up. But the said part is, he's telling the truth. Ever since I knew that I was the prophet, I search the whole entire royal library trying to prove everyone and myself wrong, but with no luck. I hear Aslton's annoying laugh and I just wanted to punch him. I guess the instructor saw the anger in my face and tried to calm me down. 

        "Easy Megan. You can have your chance of hitting him when you are sparing. But until then, have peace."he said. I give him a nod and walk towards Peter. 

        The instructor guides us through the conditioning and we take a minute break. Then he shows everyone how to attack when we are out numbered by the enemy. He shows us how to do it only once and asks me to demonstrate it again. He always ask me or Peter to demonstrate since we are the best in the kingdom. We are very well known throughout the land and well respected. Surprising since I am an Outsider.

        I demonstrate the technique a few times and the instructor tells me, "Well done Megan." After two more hours of training, we are all done for the day. Now we are free to do whatever. I decide to go to my room to finish unpacking my things and call Matthew. Since the portal is open I can get phone reception in this world, but the portal has to be open or else I can't communicate with my friends and family. 

        I walk towards the main building of the castle where my room is at. If someone where to look up the building, then they can find my balcony. Right before I could get my hand on the door knob, I hear a sweet, soft voice behind me. I turn around and give her a big smile. "Hello Fayre." I said. 

        She gives me a shy smile. "Hello, I knew you where coming today. My brother keeps talking about it. He keeps waiting for you to come here for the summer, as usual." she says with a little giggle at the end. I laugh a little. "Well, Peter did wait for me when I came here. Honestly, your big brother can be sweet sometimes." I say. Fayre is only 15 years-old, while her brother is 19, a year older than me. I remeber first time I meet her. She was only three years-old. Her golden hair was very long for her age. Her rosy cheeks compliments her completely. She is the most fairest person I've ever meet. So sweet, gentle, and very shy. The complete opposite of her brother. 

          "Well, I have to go unpack my things and get settled. I'll see later." I said. She gave my a little smile and headed towards the market. I went inside and walked to my room.  I was surprise to see Peter looking at the portait of me and the guys. I knock on the door to get his attention. His head sprung up and quickly dropped the frame onto the bed. "What are you doing with that?" I asked. I don't know why I feel a sudden fear to what his answer will be. 

        "I was looking for you and I found this picture of you. So I decided to look at it." he replied. I give him a supisous look and he quickly defends himself. "I was just curious okay! Don't have to be supisous."  I take a step, suprise at his out burst. 

        "Okay then, but you should go. I need to unpack my things. I'll meet you at dinner, okay?" I said. I need to be alone so I can call Matthew and I don't want Peter listening to our conversation. He says "Okay" and walks out the door. I shut the door and open the small wooden windows to let the air in. I quickly put everything in its place and take a step back to admire the look of the room. Perfect. Everything is where its should be. I grab my phone and quickly dial Matthew's number. I hear the ring, which brings excitment in my heart. The ringing stops.

        "Hello."