Chapter 10.

Once I got home, my dad had a confuse look on his face. He looks a lot like me. Same brown skin, dark black hair, and we used to have the same eyes. "What are you doing home Megan, I thought you were staying the whole summer?" he says. Why doesn't anyone just say "Hello Megan, how are you?"  My father is still waiting for an answer.  "My friends wanted to meet up so I have to or they could get suspicious." I lie. 

        "Oh okay, when are you leaving?" he asks. He always wants to know where and when I'm going. Ever since I ate dinner with Chris, Hunter, and Matthew, he seems to be more protective than usual. "I'm leaving at 7:00." I start to walk to my room but my dad has one finally question.

        "How are you getting there?" he asks. Why can't you let me go? "My friend is going to pick me up" I replied. Before he can ask another question I quickly walk to my room. I lock the door and head towards the closet. I flip through my clothes about three times. Finally I decide to go with a red dress. It has skinny, long sleeves. The hem of the dress is barely at my knees. It might be long for some girls but I can't help pulling it down a little. The dress has a V-neck line. When I put it on, I notice my four marks on my collarbone. 

        I let out a sad sigh and look in my closet for more dresses, but nothing. I decided to put on a black jacket to cover my marks. And black goes with red. I hear a knock on the door. It must be Matthew. Here we go. I grab my purse and quickly head for the door.

        Sadly my dad gets there first and he seems a little surprise that Matthew is there. "Um, hello sir." says Matthew. I don't think Matthew was expecting to see my dad either. He is dressed in a green dress shirt, black dress pants and shoes. His blonde hair done the same way.

        "Hello....Matthew right?" my dad says. My dad has seen him before, at the soccer fields, award ceremonies and dropping me off at school. "Yes sir." Matthew says. There was a brief moment of awkward silence but I decide to end it. "We should get going," I say, pulling my dad aside,"bye dad, tell mom I said bye." 

        "Okay I will, bye be careful" my dad says looking straight at Matthew. He closes the door and I let out a sigh. "I'm so sorry about my dad." I say. I don't want him to feel uncomfortable around my dad. That would be bad for our relationship. 

        "It's alright. Come on lets go." He gives me a smile and gets in the car. He just got his driver licenses which makes me a little nervous but I need to trust him. Besides its not Chris or Hunter drive. Now that would make me nervous.

        I get in the car and relax against the soft leather. The engine turns on, so does all the amazing features on it. I feel like I'm on a space ship. "Ready?" he asks.

        "Ready"

**********

        Once we get to the restaurant, I realize that Matthew's parents must have a lot of money. The restaurant is beautiful and everyone there is dressed in a black tie artier. When we get inside, the whole room is gleaming with bright lights and beautiful jewels. I turn around to see a big smile of pride in Matthew face.

        "Surprise." he says. I give a small laugh and wrap my arms around him. "Thank you, thank you so much." He gives me a big smile and a small kiss. "No problem, you deserve something special." I can't help smiling. That's what I love about him. He always have some way to make me smile or laugh, even when my world is coming down.

        "Excuse me." says a waiter. I notice I still have my arms around Matthew. I slowly pull away, embarrassed. "Your table is ready Mr. Smith." mentions the waiter. "Thank you sir." says Matthew.