Chapter 22.

I wake up in my bed. The soft blanket touches my chin. At first I'm confused on how I got here, but then I remembered that I wasn't alone last night. Matthew must have carried me to my room since I fell asleep on his shoulder.

The thought of him carrying me in the dead of night make my heart beat fast. Carefully, I get up from bed and tip-toe to my drawer to grab a clean gown, trying not to wake up the guys. I grab a brown dress with the same V-neck style.

I walk into the hall and turn towards an empty room next to me. I have never seen anyone go in or out of that room. That room has remained unoccupied as long as I could remember.

After locking the door behind me, I undress and slip on the gown. I never liked this dress. The color is so plain and boring. But since I have no clean clothes besides this one, what choice do I have? I leave the room, heading to the kitchen. I put my hair in a braid as I walk.

I think about waking the guys up, but I decide to let them sleep. I only take one step out of the building before I'm pushed into the wall. My back slams into the rough stone. Air escapes my lungs. I almost fall, but mange to work against gravity.

I barely lift my eyes before I'm pinned into the wall. I grit my teeth. Peter's hands are pressing hard on my shoulders. That's going to leave a mark. "What the hell?" I say through my teeth. 

There are nothing but anger in Peter's eyes. I hope he doesn't see the fear in mine. "You don't know how much I hate those guys. And you let them stayed."

"But I'm not allowed to hurt them. So, you just have to pay the price."

 He punches me in the stomach. Pain immediately stabs my body. My head falls. He grabs my chin to make me look at him. He jerks my head back. My stomach turns when I feel his lips on my neck.

 I try to break free, but his grip on my shoulders is too strong. "Get off of me you bitch!" I demand, but he doesn't listen. Peter's lips then find their way to mine. I shake my head to make him stop. He just gets mad.

 "Don't do this to me, don't turn me down," he says through his teeth. As he pulls his head back, I take this as an advantage. I slam my head into his. He stumbles backwards and falls. I run towards him and swing my fist into his face.

 "Stay the fuck away from me!" I shout. Peter slowly gets up. His hand is covering over his nose. I instantly see blood dripping down. I sprint toward the kitchen. I don't dare to look back to see if he is chasing me.

Just keep running.

I pound on the door, shouting at Eglantine to open. She opens the door, surprise to see me in such a panic. I quickly enter the room, pushing Eglantine out of the way and slam the door shut. I lock it and let out a long sigh.

I take one look at my hand I used to punch Peter. It's slightly red with a few drops of blood.

"Was it a Turdak?" asks Eglantine shyly. I shake my head. She has a confused expression. As if she was saying, then what was it? "It was wild dogs," I lie. I move my hand through my hair and sit down against the door.