Chapter 9.

My heart drops when the wizard said I can't go. I need to see Matthew. "Is there any way I could hide it?" I asked eagerly. He looks at me like if I'm stupid. 

        "When I mean that it would be hard to hide, I mean the pain that comes with the anti-dote. You can easily hide the scar." he explained. I look down at the floor, thinking how I can meet Matthew and hide the pain. Well, I did hide a lot of scars, cuts and bruises that equal hurt for years. Except when I first met Matthew.  "No worries, I can hide it. Trust me." 

        I leave the room after saying thank you to the wizard and Peter follows right behind me. He catches up, now we are walking side-by-side. We stay silence all the way to my room. We both stop at my door and I look up at him. He gives me a concern look. " Are you sure you can hide it from Matthew?"        

        "I'm sure. It almost slipped once, but he was just being caring He wanted to see if I was okay." My mind to go towards the memory. I went to school on Monday, but I was seriously injured during the weekend on my hand. I got cut by a long blade during a battle and it was bleeding like crazy. Matthew was the only one who notice and didn't stop asking me what happened until he got an answer. 

        "Well, he does seem like a good guy." Peter says, getting me back into reality. I give him a smile and tell him good-bye. I enter my room and call Matthew. I lay on my bed with my phone next to my ear, waiting to hear his voice.   

        "Hey Megan, how's it going? he asks. His voice always makes me happy. "Pretty good, I guess. and you?" He lets out a sigh, trying to think of an answer. "It was great, but I was having a time thinking about our date. You know where to go." 

        I smile at his efforts. "Do you know where you're taking me now?" I asked. 

        "Yes, finally I decided on a place to go." he says with pride. He can get a so cocky. "Then tell me." I said. 

        "No, it's a surprise. I'll pick you up at your house around 7:00. Is that okay?" I feel so giddy, like a little girl getting a Valentine's from a boy. "Yeah, that's okay. See then." I say, trying to hide the excitement in my voice. 

       "Okay, see you then bye-"

        "Wait. Causal or fancy?" I asked, cutting him off." I feel him smile on the other side of the phone.  "A little bit of both. Bye Megan."

      "Bye." I say in a little voice. I hang up the phone and look out my window. The excitement is building up inside of me. I can't wait to have my first date, and with Matthew. I really do hope it goes well. I need to call my mom. I need her to pick me up. 

        I quickly dial her number and wait for her to answer. "Hello Megan, why are you calling?" she asks. I'm fine mom, thanks for asking. "I need you to pick me up." 

        "Why? I thought you wanted to stay all summer like you usually do. Is there something wrong?" I can her the concern and confusion in her voice. "I'm fine mother, my friends want to meet up tonight and I want to go." I lie.

        I don't want my mother involved in my love life. Not to mention my dad. They would not approve of me dating any boy. They would give me the usual speech of how not to get distracted from my studies, how to be careful, and how some girls get pregnant. I just want to live my life the way I want to. 

        "Oh, okay. When do you need to be picked up?" she asks. Thank goodness she didn't refuse. "About 5:30." I replied. 

        "Okay then. Bye, I love you."