Sophie's Missing Part (3)

~Your POV~

Today was like any other day. Sitting in my [whatever grade you're in] math class not paying attention because I already know everything there is to know about math. I should be in a higher math class but my parents don't want me to draw attention to myself. They've always thought I was weird. They may love me, but I'm just another one of their projects that they need to fix. I smiled as my favorite song started playing in my earbuds. The teachers never got on to me about listening to music during class. I was literally a forgotten memory. Every time someone would try to talk to me or make an insulting comment about me I just force them to forget about me. It was a weird power I learned when I was 4. I could make people do whatever I wanted them to. I told my parents. Big mistake on my part. They just brushed it off when I was obviously struggling. They didn't care whatsoever that I was a scared 4-year-old with this new hidden power.

I also learned how to read minds? I don't really know much about that one. It mostly makes my mind num and creates a little hum in my ears when I try to use the power. My whole life is a broken record. The same thing 24-7, the same routine 365 days a year. It's like I don't even belong here...

The screech of the bell shook me out of my trance as I hurried to the lunchroom. I got my lunch and walked out to sit outside. I hated the lunchroom atmosphere, it was just a bunch of chaos. I prefer the peace and quiet of the bench outside of the school where I eat my lunch every day.

As I sat down I couldn't help but notice the feeling of someone watching me. I looked around and spotted a group of people walking over to me. Suddenly the lunchroom didn't seem too bad...