Don't Play With Fire (Fintan x Reader)1

~Fintans pov~

Don't play with fire they say, you're going to shoot your eye out they say. I have never been the type of person to listen to what people tell me.

There are two types of people in this pathetic elven world. There have always been the oblivious ones. And then there are the ones who aren't oblivious but chooses to do nothing about it. Humans ruined our community. No one is willing to do anything about it except me. We just went into hiding like cowards. Why should we go into hiding? We are much more superior than the puny humans. Why should they have control of Earth?

And Sophie. Don't get me started on Sophie. She was the dirt that you find under your nails, she was the little cockroach that hides under your bed waiting for the night time to strike. The Black Swan created a vulnerable superhero. A big mistake on their part.

But the one that I despise the most is Y/N.

~Back to Y/N pov~

Today was the day Linh and I are going to train. Well, I was going to train and Linh was going to make sure I don't burn anything down.

I was a pyrokinetic in a disapproving world. I burned down my house when I was 7 years old. I was peacefully dreaming when the whole house erupted in flames. My parents were horrified that they had a pyrokinetic as a daughter. The Black Swan was the only people that let me in. They helped me control my powers and use them for good. They help me have a more normal life than I would have ever had if I stayed with my family. I was just a forgotten memory.

When Linh and Tam came to the hidden Black Swan base they became my best friends. Especially Linh. She helped train me and she was just the kindest person you'll ever meet. She understood where I was. She understood what it was like to be left behind and not wanted. Tam and Linh both encouraged me, accepted me.

It got quite lonely in the Black Swans hideout. They kept telling me over and over to wait, that they were saving me for a huge fight. That I would be the secret weapon. But, I've waited long enough.

"You ready?" Linh smiled. I nodded and got into a ready position. I could feel the heat all around me, calling me, egging me on, taunting me with its heat. I called the heat to my fingertips and commanded it to listen to me. It didn't put up much of a fight and Linh and I began training with our abilities.

~Time skip~

Hours later Linh and Tam had to go help with a mission. I was left all alone once again. I couldn't just be cooped up in here forever. It was time for the little lab rat to escape from its cage.

Fortunately for me, Linh told me all about the mission that she was going on. They were hoping to lure the Neverseen into a trap and keep them away from Silveny while they relocate her. The mission would take place on a fairly large hill, a least there was grass to burn. Linh told me everything from what she's going to do in the plan to what shoes she's going to wear.

I was ready. I got on a nice outfit and escaped from the Black Swans cage. I used the Lightleaper3000 to get to the side of the hill. I arrived hidden and near where it was all going down. I could hear distant yells and I knew things were getting spicy.

"You foolish children, you will never understand..." I heard a deep voice say. I peeked from behind the tree I was hidden behind and saw a blonde pale elf command the neon Everblaze down to his fingertips. I gasped and watched Linh and her friends react in horror. "We are always one step ahead of you..." He smirked.

Little does he know... I can control Everblaze too. I tried calling the Everblaze in his hand to me but his control was outstanding. I used all my strength to pull the Everblaze toward me. He probably didn't expect someone else to fight for the Everblaze but he defiantly did notice the change. He tried to hide his confusion but Sophie saw right through him.

"What's wrong Fintan? Can't control your little Everblaze?" She taunted. I knew she was trying to be brave but I could still see the fear in her eyes. "What is going on?" He muttered looking around. Dex used this opportunity to throw one of his gadgets at him. It hit him below the knee and it knocked him over. I used this chance to completely control his Everblaze. I panted and watched the neon yellow Everblaze dance in my hand. It felt so warm and looked almost... comforting.

I resisted the urge to let it control me. I had to help my friends. Linh saw me and I winked. She whispered to Tam and he looked over to me as well. I put my pointer finger over my lips and crept towards Fintan from behind. He slowly got up and slowly laughed. He was inches away from my reach.

"Didn't your mom tell you..." He chuckled coldly. "Not to play with fire?" He quickly turned around and grabbed me by the arm and light leaped away.

Authors note: Cliffhanger??? Sorry for not updating in a while this week has been crazy. I will try to update more regularly. Thanks for reading and stay safe!