Chapter 55

Authors note: i would have uploaded ages ago however the chapter deleted itself so i had to remember it all and then rewrite it. So hopefully this works, Enjoy x

----------------------- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I looked over at her, she looked so peaceful, so calm, it made me happy to see her so relaxed like the Sophie I had met the first day, not the sophie, I knew now, who was scared to be touched or be near her boyfriend. I wanted that Sophie back, although a good side to this one was the fact that we were getting on like a house on fire, infact our relationship reminded me or my and phils, comfortable around each other to the point we could do or say what ever we wanted. I was loving the fact that Sophie needed someone and that 'someone' just happened to be me, in fact the more time we spent together the more I liked her, which of course was the downside in the relationship.

I knew she loved Joe even after all he did to her, so how the hell did I have a shot with her? Yeah maybe one day she may move on but what if I cant wait that long and what if she still doesn't have feelings for me? Then what?

I sighed and continued to watch her. Her tanned cheeks still had the slight puffy redness stained onto them from where her tears had fallen from her beautiful bright green eyes, her chestnut hair flowed down her back and across her shoulders drenched in the rays of golden light that shone through the window and onto her amazing body. Her chest moved up and down rhymically creating a pattern for mine to match, her eyeslids fluttered each time she breathed out and her wet, pink beautiful lips were parted just enough to let her breath slip though. She was a vision of beauty and the fact that she was curled up against me wasn't half bad.

You see after we had our little tickle fight, we both collapsed onto the bed in fits of giggles, trying to regain our composure and breath. We were led down, holding our stomach's crying when we just looked at each other, there was a connection between us, we couldn't look away, I couldn't stop staring at her face, that beautiful, stunning face. Our laughter died out and soon we just stared at each other, it was confortable not even saying anything. Her green eyes shone back at me, happiness was what I saw, she smiled at me, her eyes smiled too, she was happy for the first time in hours. I smiled back, we moved closer, rolling over to face each other, slowly bringing our heads closer, our forheads touched, her eyes glanced down, she sighed and rolled over facing the wall shutting off the connection.

I guess we did have something but I couldn't risk it, Joe was on of my best friends and I didn't want to be Sophie's back up. I snuggled down feeling her body pressed against me, her head by my chest and the warmth of her body though my shirt was amazing, I removed a strand of golden hair from her face and stoked her soft cheek, my life at the moment was perfect and I didn't want it to end, even though I knew it wouldn't last or even happen again because it was so wrong.

My breathing became shallower, I could feel myself become sleepier as I started to drift off, as much I wanted to stay awake I couldn't bring my eyes to stop closing. I sighed and looked at Sophie one last time, I just hoped that later would be better and we could get them to spend time in a room without Joe becoming physco again before playlist. I rolled over and placed the box and note on the table hopefully if she woke up before me she would see it.

I rolled back and brought my lips to her forhead and kissed, sparks quivered though me and I couldn't help but smile, "I will always be here" I whispered wrapping my arm around her and closing my eyes. Before I knew it I was out of it.

~Sophie's pov ~

I could feel his warm arms around me and they weren't that bad to be in, his chest was warm and soft enough to lie my head on and there was a hint of vanilla radiating from him, all in all it was peaceful and calming with him next to me. I snuggled in next to him feeling his body heat warm me and I must admit a small spark did tingle over me. I shook my head, even in my semi sleep I could think clearly enough and tell myself to stop, Dan would not be my back up, I would not use him and break his heart, I liked him way too much as a friend, just a friend....