Chapter 24 Alfie

After we had all listened to Sophie's story about what had happened last night we decided that we would do what we had planned to, which was to go and watch a movie at the cinema before going out for lunch, only to finish the day ice skating with the girls. Of course we knew that Joe and Sophie would be leaving soon so before we left, we went to tell them to call us when they were thinking of leaving.

We heard giggling coming from the kitchen and peered round to see Sophie and Joe in full kissing mode. Although they did look like an adorable couple it did make me feel uncomfortable, Marcus obviously agreed as he started to pretend cough to notify them of our presence. He only had to cough twice before they registered that we were watching them, Joe and Sophie both gave us small sheepish smiles, Caspar being Caspar saw that tension was arriving decided he would make some inappropriate comment about the scene that had just occurred. "Aww marcus why did you stop it, it was just about to get interesting" Caspar said winking at the both of them that had now started go become very red faced.

Sophie laughed and winked back at Caspar before saying "Yeah marcus why?".  I dont know why all of us then started to laugh however I think it was because Sophie was playing Caspar at his own game, she didn't seem embarrassed or insulted she just seemed happy she could play along with us. Thats when I finally realised that Joe had found a very special girl and if he did anything to hurt her I would stand on her side, she was worth keeping around.

After speaking for ten minutes we said goodbye to Joe and Sophie, however the proper goodbye would be later when they left, and headed out to the cinema, apparently Marcus had wanted to see the film for a while, we arrived and whilst the others went to the loo I stood in line to buy the tickets, with the money each of them gave me, Marcus said that the film was called '10 rules for sleeping round' and was suppose to be a comedy.

When I had brought the tickets I waited until everyone came out before going upstairs and queuing for food to have during the movie, in the end me and marcus decided to share a big bag of popcorn while Connor and Caspar brought two bags of sweets each and shared them. We walked into the movie theater through the double doors and saw that the adverts about other/ movies were playing, suddenly a fault in our stars trailer came up on the screen and Connor began crying, because he had read the book.

We found 4 seats together and turned off our phones just before the lights dimmed and the movie details popped up on the screen and we got comfy. The movie was really funny and I would gladly see it again although some bits were extremely awkward. I don't know if you've ever watched a sex scene in a movie with your best friends before but dont if you haven't, it feels weird, because you dont know whether to look really interstered and have your friends declare you a pervert, not look at the screen and have some your friends think your weird and frigid or to look at them to see their reaction which almost always ends up with the both of you in a stare off or in this weird romantic mood. So I suggest if this ever happens to you just look down and glance up slightly sometimes.

We left the cinema and realised we each had a miss call from Joe saying him and Sophie would be leaving in less than half an hour. This meant that we had to run home in order to say goodbye to them before they went. To be honest I didn't know when I would see them again let along speak to them now that Zoe was moving down to Brighton so she could be closer to me. We gave each of them massive hugs and there was a lot of tears from the girls, they all had become so close in the last 3 days.

I just wish that we had spent more time together as a group, hopefully we would next time we all met up. Out of the three of them Bailey got the most hugs and kisses just because he was so cute, after we all said goodbye in a proper manner and Sophie had put Bailey's collar and lead on we waited till the taxi arrived. They climbed in ready to go to the train station back to Sophie's house, Bailey sat on Sophie's lap and stuck his head out the open window, he yapped as they both waved and drove away.

We all stood outside the house waving to a car that had already disappeared from view, I guess no one wanted to them go,  Zoe came and stood next to me and snuggled up to my side, she had tears in her eyes and she looked so sad, I just wanted to make it all go away but I couldn't because they had already gone. I hugged her tightly and looked into her eyes, swearing that I was going to cheer her up, she sighed and said "okay but how Alfie? I'm moving soon, away from my best friend, my mum, my dad, my grandparents and worst of all my brother, how are you possibly going to cheer me up ". and with that she ran inside crying.

I shut my eyes, I needed to stay calm, she would calm down soon, she was just scared, I just hoped she wasn't going to have an anxiety attack from worring so much. I breathed deeply and counted to 10, before opening my eyes to see that everyone had gone inside, I walked slowly up the stairs through the door, straight past the living room where the others were sat, into the kitchen, I grabbed two glasses filling them both with water before walking up to mine and Zoe's room for the week. I knocked on the door with my elbow since my hands were full, a small fragile voice came from the other side of the door "who is it?" it said almost breathless. 'Ooh no' I thought before answering the question "Little one are you okay?, im just worried about you, i just care about you so much and I wish I could help, but i can't do that out here so please can I come in?" I said almost begging her to let me in.

Suddenly there was a sound of someone getting up and breathing deeping, from behind the door, before the door creaked open, he blue eyes peered at me, from behind the door, with homelessness. I gave a small smile before saying I had brought drink, her eyes although teary let up slightly and I heard a giggle, I laughed too. She pulled the door open slowly, letting me in at her own pace, I walked in the room placed the glasses down on the table turned and held my hands out, I knew exactly what she needed, she ran straight into my arms crying, I rapped her up in a hug, holding her closely, we stood like this for 5 minutes.

When she began pulling away I relaxed my hug and looked down at her, her make up was dripping down her face and my t-shirt was a mess however I didn't care, all that mattered to me was that she was okay. She dried her eyes and was soon smiling again like the Zoe I knew, the Zoe I loved.

We sat on the bed hugging, I listened to all her concerns, like what if she didn't see them again for a while and in the end Sophie had replaced her with a new bestfriend, what if Joe and Sophie had a massive fight and needed her to answer their questions and talk sense into them and what if she didn't like the city she was moving to and it turned out it wasnt right for her. There were just so many questions I couldn't answer, no matter how hard i tried.  In the end I tried my best and she knew I had, she apologised and saic she wanted to be alone for a while, I agreed and left her snuggled on the bed reading the book 'The Fault In Our Stars'.

I walked into the living to find Marcus and Caspar enjoying a game of fifa, whilst Niomi slept soundly on the couch. I peerched on the edge on the sofa and watched the guys play, I got into it a little too much that I even woke Niomi when Caspar's team scored and I screamed. By the end of the game Caspar had beat Marcus by two goals and was rubbing it in his face. " Who won Marcus?" Caspar shouted "Thats right, me !" he said spinning round and pointing at himself. I laughed and so did Marcus, Caspar looked so funny doing his victory dance, we decided there and then, that whenever we played Caspar on fifa that we would let him win, just so we could watch the dance again.

I knew it was getting late, so I decided to check my phone to see the time, we had an hour before we needed to get to the ice rink for our paid session. I notified Caspar and he went in search of Connor who had disappeared after saying goodbye to Joe and Sophie. Niomi and Marcus then went to change into something more suitable for ice skating and I went to probably wake Zoe and tell her where we were going if she wanted to come.