Chapter 7 -Alfie

Zoe had arrived at mine after being in a car for almost an hour more than it should of taken her, she had been stuck in traffic and it had taken her a long time to get out of it. She looked extremely tired however I didn't want her to sleep just yet, she needed to eat. I decided that deseperate measures where needed and ordered Zoe her fave pizza.

When it arrived we sat down to watch Frozen for like the 60th time and I texted Joe and Sophie saying that Zoe was here with me, my phone buzzed not long after, it was Sophie, she said that she was home alone with Joe, watching The Lion King I smiled atleast they weren't bored stiff with each other, hopefully why would get together soon, everyone had already began to ship them together.

I told Zoe, about what they were up to and soon enough we finding ways to get them together, a conversation we had, had many times before. We talked about them until 10 ish, which was when Zoe was almost flat out, I smiled as I carried her upstairs, I led her on the bed and woke her.

"Come on Zoe, you need to get dressed for bed little one" I said shaking her softly, her eyes slowly blinked open and she wondered off towards the bathroom PJs in hand.

I was led on the bed, changed waiting for Zoe when my phone buzzed again. It was Joe, I had to read his text three or four times before I believed it. I ran to the bathroom, knocking on the door, when Zoe finally unlocked it I showed her the text.

She screamed, kissed me on the cheek and then ran into our room. She was sat on the bed, smiling at me, when I sat down next to her she asked to read the text again. "I can't believe it" she spoke as she read the text for the sixth time. "He actually did it" she said looking up at me her eyes wide. I looked down at her and nodded "he sure did" I said.

"Maybe things will change?" I questioned, almost scared for them. "Hopefully for the best" Zoe said softly before getting into bed and shutting her eyes.

"I hope you're right" I agreed putting my arm around her and snuggling into bed. It didn't take me long for me to fall asleep, especially with the one I loved by my side.

I really hoped it was for the best.