Chapter 16 Alfie

I awoke in Zoe's room, the sun shone through the curtains that hung over the window. I turned to see Zoe sleeping peacefully next to me, she looked perfect, she smiled, I wish I knew what she was dreaming of. I stretched and began to climb out of bed trying not to knock and wake Zoe. I closed the bedroom door behind me quitely and walked sleepily to the bathroom, I was almost there when i noticed that Joe's door was open, I peered in to see if anyone was up, I let my eyes adjust and saw two figure sleeping peacfully next to each other on the bed.

I was just about to close the door when I heard a small yap by my feet, I looked down to see Bailey looking up at me wagging his tail, I smiled and bent down to pick him up. I carried him down stairs and sat on the sofa just stroking him for about half an hour. Joe entered the room and smiled, he came over and ruffled the fur on Bailey's head, the dog yapped and jumped off my lap following Joe to the kitchen.

I decided to follow and decided to put the coffee maker on, I asked Joe if he wanted a cup, he nodded before bending down to feed Bailey,  the little pup tucked in straight away, Joe stood up laughing at the little guy,"he's a real cutie, your really gonna miss him you know" I said to Joe whilst the coffee brewed, he looked at me, then the puppy and nodded his head "yeah I know, hopefully though the plan works tonight and I can see him and his owner often" He said grinning at me.

"Good luck for tonight bro, not that you'll  need it" I tapped him on the back before grabbing two mugs from the cupboard and pouring the black coffee into them, Joe sighed "I hope you're right Alfie" he said grabbing the milk from the fridge and pouring into the cups.

Me and Joe hadn't been sat down in the living room with our coffee's for long when Sophie appeared by the door, her hair was styled perfectly, he dress suited her to a t and her make up made her look stunning, I must admit, that Joe was a lucky man.  I sat there watching her and Joe interact, something was different, Joe treated her like a fragile toy and Sophie blushed everytime Joe whispered anything to her, it was strange. She even sat on his lap and hugged him without showing any embarrassment. 

When Sophie popped out for breakfast and coffee in the kitchen I had to ask Joe what the scene was about. "Joe... what was that all about?" I questioned desepatly wanting to know, Joe looked at me and then grinned like a happy child, "okay dude, but promise not to tell any one okay ?" I nodded and Joe leaned in and whispered something in my ear. I looked up at him, and slowly smiled it was cute what had happened last night and I was happy for them.

Thing is that, Joe and Sophie had gone out to give Bailey a walk last night when everyone was asleep and whilst they were out Joe decided to tell Sophie a little about how he felt, Sophie decided to expresss some of her feelings aswell and the had shared a kiss under a moonlit and starfilled sky. Althought they shared their feelings, they didnt do it in as much detail as there actually is between them and since not one of them asked the other out earlier, Joe was going to have to do it later, like he bet he would.

When Zoe, me, Sophie and Joe were ready and we had all packed, we headed towards the train station, Sophie was a little confused about why Joe was bringing her puppy, until he told her that there wouldn't be time to pick him up after the train from London and the check up. She nodded and understood, she smiled and started to mess around with the puppy in his carry basket whilst on the train, it was cute, seeing her and Joe bond so much over this one thing, I was really happy that they had both found someone to share a lifetime with, and yes i did think they would stay together, I could see the love in their eyes as they smiled at each other. 

We arrived at the station platform and ran to reach our cab Joe had called, it was taking us to Caspars apartmen. When we reached the flat, we were about to buzz up to the floor when the door opened, it was Caspar and Marcus, we smiled at them and followed them inside,  they showed us to our rooms and we started to unpack. Since there wasn't much room, Sophie and Joe had to share again, which was becoming a habit.

Me and Zoe were almost unpacked when we heard music echoing from Joe's and Sophie's room, the music was so calming and the voices joined in perfect harmony, I smiled at Zoe and we walked towards the door. Apparently we weren't the only ones interested as Caspar, Marcus, Niomi and caspar girlfriend were stood with their ears pressed against the door.

"They sound awesome" Caspar said turning to all of us. "Definitely,  a match" Marcus said agreeing with him. We all stood there and began swaying to the music. "They should do a cover video, in the future" Niomi shouted, knocking everyone out of this trance like state, suddenly the door opened and Joe stuck his head out. "You can come in guys, were not shy" he said laughing and moving away from the door.  A giggle came from behind the door "Speak for yourself Joe" she said.

We entered and sat down in the middle of the room, Sophie laughed at us and told us to come up on the bed and join in with the next song, thats when Joe started to play 'its all about you(tube)', the single we sang for comic relief. We laughed and sang for a while before going to change for the party.

Marcus and Caspar decided to order pizza whilst we were getting ready, and when the boys were ready we decided to make our way there to set up the last few things for the party in an hour, Joe grabbed Bailey and his guitar telling Sophie that he would let Bailey go for a walk before handing him over to the Dog sitter we where having for the night, which wasn't actually true. He also said that Marcus had asked him to sing and play 'it's all about you(tube)' which was partly true because marcus had done that.

We arrived at the hall where the party was and we let Bailey run around, I would be tying the note onto his collar later when Joe was almost done singing. Joe started to practise and Marcus and Caspar put up the decorations, for example a giant 'thankyou ' banner for Sophie. Infact we had time to spare and helped the DJ set up and had time to write a few speeches.

We put Bailey in his pen in the hall's upstairs part, it had everything here, and traveled back to the flat. When we reached there the girls were almost ready, Zoe was just finishing her hair, Niomi was putting her shoes on, Caspar girlfriend was putting on lipstick and Sophie was sat on the sofa watching rugby.  "whos winning?" Joe asked as his sloughed next to her, he was a big fan of Rugby,  "France I think, but I only just put it on" she smiled, seeing us and getting off the sofa.

Her dress was stunning, I must admit all the boys had their mouths open for awhile speechless. She smiled and rolled her eyes before handing Marcus a pressent, he gave her a stange look, she smiled and explained that it was for inviting her even though he didn't really have to. He thanked her and opened the gift, it contained a couple of beers, some chocolate, a card and a little box that said To Niomi, in big squiggly writing, he handed the box to Niomi who then opened it.It contained a small bracelet that suited the dress she wore perfectly.

As soon as Zoe and the others were ready we all clambered into a taxi, we looked out the window at the venue and all had our pictures taken making sure Sophie and Joe were the last ones, the photographer even faked that the first picture wasn't good and had to be taken again so that everyone could get into place ready for them to enter.

 Me and Zoe hid behind one of the tables and everyone else followed suit, there was an amazing amount of people at the party and I was supprised we had enough room, however when they entered we jumped up, the light flicked on and Sophie screamed.