10

It was around three in the afternoon on Sunday by the time i arrived back in the kitchen of grimmauld place.

The first thing i spotted were the two half empty cups of warm tea, sitting out on the table.

I could hear the light chatter of harry and Hermione's voices that were coming from the living room.

Before i went to go and greet my friends, i reached to the pile of mail that was out lying on the counter.

I flicked through the first two, both being addressed to Ginny with the Holyhead harpies engravement on the bag, the third one though caught my eye as i couldn't help but look further once i saw the familiar mark of the ministry.

I placed the others down once i say it had my name on it, my frown forming as i tried thinking of what reasons the ministry could have that would involve them contacting me.

I peeled open the wax seal, taking out the folded parchment that sat inside.

Dear Dannielle Estelle Black,

Greetings, it has come to my attention that you have returned to your residence and is now back living in London.

I am reaching out in hope that you will come to the ministry at one of the suggested times and dates i have written below my message so that we can have a proper conversation.

9 am - Monday

11 am- Monday

4 pm -Tuesday

9 am-Wednesday

Circle the option you wish to attend as your reply, it will send a message to me letting me know so you don't have to send a response by owl.

I am looking forward to seeing you again Dannielle, i have missed your presence dearly.

Kindest regards,

Minister of Magic,

Kingsley Shacklebolt

I had been stood re reading this later for the past few minutes now, mainly in shock that i had received it in the first place.

The one thing that didnt surprise me was how Kinglsey had been made minister, after all, he had always been the one keeping my father and i in check at the order meetings, and always making sure everything was in place.

I did miss the man, the members of the order had all taken part in looking after me and guiding me as i grew into an older teenager, always offering any support, morally or physically whenever i needed.

'Danny, is that you?' Hermione called.

I looked up from the parchment, gathering the other letters that had been addressed to me and making my way into the lounge.

'Oh there you are, did you have a good time at lee's last night?' she asked sweetly as i took a seat in the empty armchair.

I knew that she wasnt aware of what had happened between Fred and i as Ginny had promised to keep it a secret after watching us do the walk of shame out of the bathroom.

'Oh yeah, it was nice' i smile back.

'Did you see the letters, what did the ministry say?' she asked again.

'It was from kings' i tell her.

'You mean Minister Shacklebolt?' she spoke, her eyes widening.

'Ur yes' i say, wondering whether it was still appropriate to use the nickname i had for him all those years ago.