19

Two Days Until Christmas

I knew that i was delaying it.

I was fully aware that the reason i hadn't got around to it yet was because i kept intentionally finding other jobs and different things to sort out.

But the time had come.

I had to face the facts.

I had to be ready to unlock my fathers room.

You might think that I'm being silly.

Something as small as a room might not be a big deal to you.

But to me it was massive.

I told myself that i just needed to get it over and done with.

And i knew that the fear i held towards it would be gone the second i step inside.

*knock* Knock*

'Hermione! i told you i had today off, let me sleep for merlin's sake!' a very grumpy voice yelled from inside the room, making me roll my eyes.

I pushed the door open, leaning on the door way with my arms crossed and an unimpressed look on my face.

'Good morning to you too princess' i remark sarcastically, watching Harrys reaction as he shot up straight.

He patted his hand around on his bedside table to try and retrieve his glasses.

'What are you doing?' he asked, annoyance laced in his tone.

'I'm alright, slept pretty well last night thanks for asking, feeling abit hungry though-'

'Dannielle' he interrupted my sarcastic response, running a hand through his hair.

'Well my dear god-brother i understand your still hating me but its Christmas eve tomorrow and ive been putting this off for far to long' i sigh, wondering absentmindedly into his room.

'Your talking about padfoot's room, aren't you? he replies, his tone empty of stubbornness and instead with calmness.

I nodded.

'I'll get up' he added after a moment of silence.

'Great!' i exclaim 'ill make some coffee' i add happily, making my way out of the room and down the stairs before he could change his mind.

'Make mine decaf!' he hollered down at me.

'Love you too!' i shout back, knowing how to get on his nerves.

I went into the kitchen in a somewhat relived mood.

I just needed to get through the next few hours without arguing with Harry and we could then both go back to ignoring each other.

Truth was, i didnt want to go back.

But i wasn't naïve.

I knew that fixing our relationship would happen over time, and would require a lot of work.

Although i did have a backup plan.

If i could get him angry with me.

So angry that he would yell and shout, letting everything out.

That way he might be able to get everything out of his system and we could move past this.

But today wasn't the day for that.

I grabbed the two mugs that i had just filled with hot coffee, making his decaf like he asked, and slowly making my way upstairs.

Ginny was again, at practice.