9

'GINNY!' I yelled from the bottom of the stairs.

'What?' She groaned, her voice filled with annoyance.

'Get your arse down here' i replied as i walked into the kitchen.

I placed my hands over my face, feeling so stupid over what had just happened.

'What do you want?' Ginny yawned as she joined me downstairs.

I grabbed a wine glass and filled it up, taking a long sip.

'How was it with Fred? Wait why are you home so early?' She asked as she sat down on top of the table.

'Well after Sarah turned up i felt like it was probably time to go' I told her, watching as her face dropped.

'Sarah showed?' She gasped.

I took another long sip as i nodded.

'Gin why didn't you tell me Fred has a girlfriend?' I asked in exasperation.

Her face flashed to guilt 'I'm so sorry, i thought he would tell you...besides, i cant stand her' She admitted.

'Well he didn't tell me, so now I've kissed and almost slept with him whilst his girlfriend was what? Keeping the bed warm?' I laughed, hiding the pain.

'She was away, in America' Ginny explained.

'So Fred cheated on her? With me?...oh this is so fucked up' I rambled, finishing my glass off and filling up the second.

'I know it sounds bad but that relationship was full of issues, she left around three weeks ago and before she went they got in a huge fight, well they always fought actually' She started.

'-Then they agreed to go on a break because things just weren't working'

I ran my fingers through my hair 'He told me he was ending things but i dont want to get involved'

'Thats fair, im so sorry Danny' She smiled sympathetically.

'Dont be, it wasnt your fault' I sighed, finishing off my second glass and standing up.

'I'm gonna go for  a smoke, go back to bed' I told her, kissing her head as i left to go out the front door.

I lit up a cigarette as i sat on the steps outside the front door, i felt so confused by everything and completely blind-sided.

The door opened after a minute or two, footsteps sounding behind me and Ron sitting down.

'Hey Danny' He smiled.

I handed his a cigarette which he took and lit up, staring out into the dark with me.

'I'm guessing you heard about Sarah?' he asked.

'Yep'

He wrapped his arm over my shoulder as i blew the smoke into the air.

'Look, i know my brother...Sarahs not you, she never even came close. I mean sure, she's pretty hot but come on, your Dannielle Black' He told me, a smile creeping onto my face.

'Thats not what im even worried about' I sighed, resting my head on his shoulder.

'Then what is it?' he asked calmly.

'I'm just-i just dont know whether I should've come home, far too much has happened' I admitted.

'Dan, i know it all seems messy but this is the right place for you' He assured me.

'You know Ron, no one ever gives you enough credit' I told him.

'Thats why I've missed you so much, you always looked out for me' He smirked as i chuckled.