16

five days until Christmas

I was sick.

I mean it didnt really come as a shock to me seeing as i walked through a snow storm with nothing to shelter me but a hoodless leather coat that i had had for years.

But being sick was something i didnt enjoy.

I dont think anyone did to be quite honest.

However this certain cold came at the most inconvenient time of them all for more than one reason.

Firstly, my best friends heart had just been broken, and instead of me being able to get absolutely black out drunk with her, i was curled up in my bed trying to get rid of the horrible feeling that had invaded my throat and nasal area.

Secondly, i had a million things to do this week, including trying to get through to Harry for at least a couple of hours so we could sort through my fathers room.

Which was a job that was long overdue.

And finally, it was five days until Christmas.

My favourite holiday.

I loved everything about it.

The trees.

The snow.

The pyjamas.

The hot coco.

The presents.

That feeling when you wake up on Christmas morning, wrapped in the arms of fred Weasley.

But i was missing out on all the fun Pre-Christmas day preparations.

I had gotten back from the burrow early this morning, as we had forgotten to close the window in the kitchen before the three of us fell asleep on the sofa together, and woke up to a freezing cold lounge and blue lips.

I had also been feeling extremely guilty for how i left Fred last night.

I had the intention of returning to him after i made sure Ginny was going to be okay, and reassuring to him that i was alright after last nights incident.

But i hadn't even spoken to him since i left his shop.

I was laying in my bed.

The snow was falling in its pristine flaked form, creating a treacherous setting outside that i longed to be in.

Snowball fights.

Snow angels.

Laying in the white glazing until i loose all feeling in my fingers and toes.

My nose was bright pink, but for other reasons.

I had been sniffling all day so far and it was only four in the afternoon.

No matter what i did i simply couldn't seem to get any warmth into my body.

I was still wearing freds hoodie from last night, with some different oversized joggers and two pairs of fluffy socks, cuddled up to my pillows under the blankets and duvet.

Before Hermione had left for work she made me porridge, but i didnt feel like eating oats right now.

I had tried convincing her to bring me some coffee, but whenever one of us got sick, she turned into some sort of crazed health guru, insisting the only foods we consume are one hundred percent natural.

Something about building a 'healthy immune system'

Just as i was about to wriggle around for the millionth time to try and get comfortable and warm, there was a knocking on my door.