Chapter 48: Nightmares

A/N *Smut Warning*

I shouldn't've looked at Instagram that night, but I did. I laid on my bed at the hotel and scrolled through the feed, seeing more stuff about how everyone hated me.

"Fuck!" I said, slamming my phone down on the nightstand.

"You okay?" Tre asked as he stepped out of the bathroom.

"Yeah." I sighed, going over to my suitcase and pulling out my nightgown. I went into the bathroom and changed into it. Was I really a slut, like all my haters said? I had never cheated on Billie when he was alive. I couldn't have done that, I loved him way too much. And he was the only man I ever had sex with in my life. I didn't mind, though, because there was no one else I would've rather done it with.

I stepped out of the bathroom to see Mike sitting on the bed with Tre, the two of them watching TV.

Mike turned his head and looked at me, and I felt uncomfortable because I was so exposed by my nightgown.

"Oh, hi Mike." I said.

"Hey, Liz." Mike replied, still looking at me. I got into my bed so I wouldn't be so exposed.

My phone buzzed and I told myself not to pick it up, but it buzzed again. Then it buzzed again.

Tre looked at me and I bit my lip.

"Fuckers on Instagram." I told him.

"Just ignore them. Shut your phone off." he replied, turning his attention back to the screen. Him and Mike were watching Wayne's World.

I glanced down at my phone. I sighed and picked it up, giving in to the temptation.

There was a hate post I was tagged in. There were a few comments I was tagged in, too. One read: Why did Billie even marry Liz? He was way too good for her.

Okay, that's enough. I told myself. I shut off my phone like Tre told me to.

I looked at the empty spot next to me in the double sized bed. Why couldn't Billie have been there? I needed him so badly. I missed him. Without him, I was an absolute disaster. I was worthless. I was nothing. And I felt terrible. The only thing that could make me feel better for good was to get Billie back. But he was dead.

"I wish we had popcorn." Tre said, pulling me out of my thoughts. "I'm gonna go and get some!".

He sprang to the door. "Mike, want anything?" he asked, putting his shoes on.

"No thanks, man." Mike said.

Tre nodded. "Liz, what about you?".

"No." I said. "I'm alright.".

"Okay.". Tre went out into the hallway, and as the door shut, I suddenly realized I was alone with Mike.

I tried to focus on the Coca- Cola commercial on TV, but I felt his eyes on me. I tried so hard not to look at him, but I couldn't.

Our eyes met. "What?" I asked.

"Oh, nothing." he said, looking back at the screen. I stared at him, remembering when I asked him to have sex with me.

"Right now, we have a platonic relationship. But I think that maybe... well, maybe we should be... you know, friends with benefits.".

"Liz, I'm married.".

"I know, but we're sharing a bed!".

I felt nervous alone with him, in a revealing nightgown. Sure, I'd slept with him, but that was because I asked him to. And a lot had happened since then.