Chapter 33: Bittersweet

A/N: *Smut Warning*

I stood by the wall in the small apartment bedroom. The cradle was in the far corner, the walls were painted light green, and the sun shone in through the big window.

A young Billie walked in the room, probably about 22, his hair dyed blonde. He came over and slung his arm around me.

I looked down at my stomach, huge and round.

"I'm so happy for us, babe." he told me.

"Oh, Billie." I said as he put his hand on my stomach. "I'm so happy for us, too.". I looked up at him and we smiled at each other. Life was good.

But then dark red blood shot out from between my legs, making a puddle on the floor.

"Fuck!" Billie said as the walls started crumbling around us.

"I knew this would happen!" I cried. He held onto me and I held onto him as the room continued to crumble around us.

I looked up and black clouds covered the sky. It started to rain. Hard. Until I couldn't see anything.

I opened my eyes and saw the ceiling above me. It was only a dream. I thought.

I kissed Billie on the forehead and played with his hair for a moment. He opened his eyes.

"Good morning." I said, then laid on top of him. He kissed my forehead and put his arms around my waist. We just layed there for a few moments, in silence. But it was comfortable silence.

"Shower?" he finally asked.

"Okay." I replied. I stood up and went over to the window for a moment. I drew back the curtains. Raindrops fell from the gray, late February sky. It made me think of my dream. If anything, that wasn't a good sign.

I followed Billie into the bathroom and took off my nightgown.

"Is it Friday?" I asked.

Billie shook his head. "No, it's Thursday." he told me.

He stepped into the shower, and I followed. It was the first time we had sex since the night after his birthday.

"Hey, how do you feel?" I asked, putting my hands on his shoulders.

He sighed. "Not well." he said. "I... I know I won't be around much longer.".

I bit the inside of my lip and felt tears forming in my eyes. "I'm sorry." I finally said. "I really wish that we had longer.".

"Me too, Liz. Me too.".

I wish we would've had 26 years together. I thought. But I didn't say it because I knew that it would have made Billie even sadder.

"Why? Why can't we? It's not fair." I said, stepping closer to Billie.

"I know, babe. It isn't fair. It really isn't.".

I looked at his lips, then at his eyes. I moved a bit of his hair off of his forehead and leaned in to kiss him. A moan escaped from my mouth, and he kissed me harder. I felt his dick in between my thighs, not in me yet, but close.

"Billie," I said. Then he leaned in and gave me one more quick kiss. "Remember this: death or glory becomes just another story.".

A faint smile formed on Billie's lips. "We're gonna listen to that later today.".

***

Now every cheap hood strikes a bargain with the world
And ends up making payments on a sofa or a girl
Love and hate tattooed across the knuckles of his hands
Hands that slap his kids around 'cause they don't understand how

Death or glory
Becomes just another story

The Clash's Death or Glory played as me and Billie sat on the couch, his arm around me.

It was a Friday, the last day of February. Time was going way too fast, and I knew that as every day went by, I got closer to losing Billie.

I tried to just relax and enjoy sitting with Billie as we listened to London Calling together. I knew that one day soon, we wouldn't be able to.

"I love you." I said.

"I love you, too." Billie told me. He kissed my forehead.

"Words aren't even enough to express how much I love you.".

But I believe in this and it's been tested by research
He who fucks nuns will later join the church

Death or glory
Becomes just another story
Death or glory
Becomes just another story

"I'm gonna miss this." I sighed as Billie gently pulled me onto his lap.

"Babe, just enjoy the time we have." Billie told me.

I swallowed hard, lump in my throat. "But we don't have much time.".

Billie wrapped his arms around me as I let out a sob. The sad reality was becoming more real every day.

"I'm still here." Billie told me. "Not for long, but I'm still here.".