Bad Dreams...

<David's pov>

Today I'm picking up the kids from school, something I've missed these past few months. Normally Jen and I would alternate between picking them up, but she's took it upon herself to get them everyday for the last few months. We still spoke regularly before the divorce, but then we distanced ourselves a month before it was official. Man I miss her so much, I miss waking up to her gorgeous smile and to the kids running in and cuddling with us before we could get up to anything else. The last time we had sex was a few months before the official end of our marriage, it was in March, right when we conceived our third child. That makes this whole process harder, I know it's going to be so different to how I got to see Amara and David everyday after the birth. Hell, I don't even think I'll see my unborn child at the scans, Jen hasn't invited me to any. That's something I'm definitely going to talk to her about today, I'm going to be apart of this child's life as much as I can. That means I'm going to the scans with her. Okay I don't think I can demand to go, but I don't want her calling me a bad father because I didn't fight to go, which I hope she doesn't do. She probably won't, but our relationship isn't the same anymore, she may not even look at me the same way... ever again.

It's already 2.40 and I haven't even left yet, Jen will kill me if I'm not at the house right on schedule. I speed a little to try and get there before schools finishes, which I manage to do. I park as fast and as safely as I can then I go and get the kids. I can see Amara wandering around, she's probably looking for Jen, but she finally spots me and I wave, bending down and spreading my arms apart. She comes running over, I sweep her up and into a big cuddle.

"Daddy!"

"Hey princess." I hold her tight and let go when she pulls away, picking her bag back up and giving it to me.

"Let go..." she takes my hand and begins walking.

"Uh no, what about your brother?" I laugh a little, knowing she was trying to get away without him on purpose.

"Daddy!" I hear his little voice through the crowd of students, I pick him up and give him a hug.

"Mr Schwimmer?" Another voice calls me, I turn around and set David down, ruffling his hair.

"Ah Miss Taylor..." I smile to the tall, blonde and slender woman.

"Can I have a little chat with you, the kids can go next door with the teacher while we talk..."

"Sure, that's should be okay..." I'm a little concerned to be honest and confused, we never get called into a random chat with Amaras teacher.

We go inside her classroom, I sit at the spare chair beside her desk, waiting for her to start the conversation she's pulled me aside to talk about.

"So Mr Schwimmer-"

"David is fine..." I cut her off, smiling at her.

"Okay, David..." she smiles back at me, unsure on whether she should call me by my first name. "I wanted to chat to both you and your wife..." that stung, we really need to announce this divorce soon, it hurts too much to hear her being called my wife. "... but one parent shall be just fine. Anyway, Amara has been really unsettled lately and it's becoming more and more noticeable. She seems to... I don't want to say 'mope around' because she isn't being moody, but she seems really sad."

"Oh... alright..." I was taken aback, how can a 3 year old little girl seem so bad that a teacher calls you for a chat about to.

"I had a little chat with her today at break time, she was sitting alone and I felt terrible. She has always been shy, but she always sits with her large group of friends, who make her more confident. So, I asked her if anything was on her mind that was upsetting her and if she was okay with taking to me. She agreed and told me everything, so..."