The Statement...

Jennifer and David haven't spoken in a week now from their argument on the phone. They only see each other when the kids are being picked up and dropped off by each other. It's been hard on them both, really, really hard. And to make matters worse the tabloids have been going crazy over Jennifer and David this week. Jen had been picking the kids up from school, forgetting she gets followed by paparazzi she wore a tight fitting, little black dress. Obviously her bump was on show and now the media was going wild, just like her first and second pregnancy.

It's been hard hearing the whole 'perfect family' thing floating about. They aren't, in no way, no family is perfect, at least not on the inside. But wouldn't it all be easier if they were?

Jennifer's pov...

Today I've got a cleared schedule and the kids are at school. Filming for a movie has been rough, especially when you're pregnant. But I'm near the end of filming now, which I still have to tell David what it's about. That'll be fun. Anyways, I've decided to write out our divorce statement. I know it'll be so hard hearing everyone question us, but I can't listen to the shit they are already saying.

I just got back from the school drop off and I'm now in the shower, scrubbing my body down. Once I'm all clean, I get out, pulling on a thick and soft towel. I then wander around the house for a while, trying to come up with ideas for the statement. I think I'm ready to write it now, I can't get too emotional, it has to be plain and non-personal. I go back upstairs, raiding my wardrobe for my favourite pjs, which I can't find. But what I do find is one of David's clothes boxes, I must've took it from the house when I moved. Searching through it I found a white T-shirt, baggy shorts and a pair of his socks. I put them all on, inhaling his familiar scent. God I miss him so much.

I put my hair up in my towel, letting most of the water soak into it. Then I head downstairs, grabbing my note pad and pen, taking it outside to the patio. Norman followed me and sat on the outdoor couch with me, lying his head on my lap. I patted his head then got down to business, I need to do this... now.

Thank for all the love and support through this relationship, but we've finally came to the end-

Absolutely not! What bullshit.

David and I have decided to split up, which we have been for a while and we're now divorced-

No!

After a long discussion and lots of consideration, David and I have decided to part our ways.
For the past 12 years we have been best friends, which we hope doesn't change. And we are saddened to announce that we are no longer together and are already divorced. We walked into this relationship as best friends and walked out friends, co-parents and most importantly, grown adults.
Our children are the most important beings on the planet to us and we shall not allow the media to abuse their power over us because we are in the public eye. We are humans, experiencing real and human pain.
David is still the father of my children and I cherish that he's the man I share them with. Trying to defend me by attacking him will only hurt me more.

That should do it and if I have more to add, I'll do that before I send it out, which is in an hour. I still can't believe I have to actually say it, we actually have to announce our split. I know I said I wanted it to be short and with very little emotion or detail, but I want to make sure it's got a bit of information.

...

Right now I'm contemplating calling my mother, whom I have reconnected with recently during my divorce. I wouldn't say we have a great relationship, but she's been trying her best to change. I mean, after my interview with Diane Sawyer and seeing those images from her book, I just had such an urge to call her. Plus, she's technically the grandmother to my children, who really love her. I remember seeing her for the first time in years, then the time after bringing the kids. It was so scary and weirdly, David was the one who calmed me down, even though we were broken up.