CHAPTER 07 : Azure Princess [Part 02]

Ichigo has just witnessed Aoi being temporarily taken over by the mysterious yet benevolent female presence from within her. Under that influence, Aoi smiles at Ichigo.

Ichigo: "That smile... I've never seen Aoi smile this cute before."

Aoi then walks toward Ichigo and sits on a chair close to Ichigo's bed. On that moment, Ichigo notices that Aoi now has a strange rune grafted on her left palm.

Aoi?: "Hello."

Ichigo: "Uh, hi there. Eh, you sound different, this isn't Aoi's voice. Who exactly are you? And... why are you borrowing Aoi's body?"

Aoi?: "I am... the Princess of Pure Azure."

Ichigo: "The Princess of... Pure Azure? So, that's what Sakuya-chan was referring to."

Aoi nods.

Aoi?: "If I have to be specific, I am an angel of some sort who lives in a different plane of existence, an angelic race known only as Celestial Being. My true form is a girl you may find familiar."

Ichigo: "A girl I'm familiar with?"

Aoi?: "Try to look at my reflection using your Innovator power while I'm looking at this mirror."

Ichigo: "Sure."

Taking her table mirror, Ichigo lets Aoi look at the mirror while Ichigo is looking at Aoi's reflection on the mirror with her Innovator power active. Soon, Aoi's reflection begins to change into a completely different yet familiar girl with long, princess-like haircut. Her hair is blue-ish purple in color and her eyes are blue like Aoi's. Also, for some reason, she has a pair of earrings in the shape of upside-down crosses.

 Also, for some reason, she has a pair of earrings in the shape of upside-down crosses

Ichigo: "You're so cute... And, that hairstyle looks almost like Sumire-chan, or more like Asami-chan, perhaps. Although, you have Aoi's blue eyes."

Aoi?: "Uh-huh, that's how I actually look like, except for the eye color which was supposed to be purple. Why I am borrowing your partner's body is because my power is still not enough to fully manifest myself in this world. I gotta say, your partner is an incredible person."

Ichigo: "Um, yeah, she is. Do you have a name, though? I can't call you Aoi even though you are borrowing her body, because you aren't exactly Aoi despite your title."

Aoi?: "My name? The thing is, I am a nameless being. Although, way back in the day, I did have a name. And under that name, I was the surrogate older sister of... HAVOC Commander."

Ichigo: "What?! You were once HAVOC Commander and, by extension, Ninja-san's surrogate older sister?! And judging from the way you look, I remember Sumire-chan talking about how HAVOC Commander mistakenly called her big sis back then. That big sis figure he was referring to is, in fact, YOU?!"