CHAPTER 18 : The Shattering

Over the lava dome of Mount Haruna, Aohime sees a terrifying sight right ahead of her. A giant sphere of energy is looming far ahead with four tall monoliths surrounding it. The area around them seems to be devoid of life, as if no one's been there for quite some time.

Aohime: "H-hey, Aria. What is going on here? What is that huge sphere?"

Aria: "It was... the unification. They have succeeded in their plan."

Aohime: "WHAT?!"

Aria: "Things happened so quick, we didn't even see it coming. Once we realized it, it was too late..."

Aria begins crying.

Aria: "Milady... I'm sorry..."

Aohime: "C-calm down, Aria."

Aohime then hugs Aria to comfort her.

Aohime: "Still, where is everyone? Are they safe?"

Aria: "Well... t-they're inside... at the rehab chamber."

Aohime: "Rehab chamber, you say? What's going on? Is it my brother?"

Aria: "No, it is... Ichigo-san and Aoi-san..."

Aohime: "Eh?"

Aohime then follows Aria back inside, heading to the rehabilitation chamber. Once they reach the chamber, Aohime sees people like Camilla, Miyu, Iris, Elfin, Hibiki, Alicia, and HAVOC Commander. while the Ninja is nowhere to be seen. On a desk near Camilla is a glass container holding a strangely-familiar red spherical object - which is in fact the core of Seira that contained her EVA powers. But, much to her shock, Aohime sees Ichigo lying on a bed shielded by glass. She looks awake, but at the same time, she isn't.

Dark General: "Big Sis?"

Aohime: "Ichigo?! What is going on with her?!"

Elfin: "Oh, Milady... I'm sorry to say it, but... both Ichigo and Aoi have lost their souls."

Aohime: "WHAT?!"

Camilla: "It was that lucker! It was her fault that these two's souls are taken away!"

Miyu: "This may be Hoshimiya-senpai that we're seeing right now, but..."

Iris: "...at this point, she's just an empty vessel. The same goes for Kiriya-senpai, hence why you're back inside her body."

Aohime: "That... that must be due to the link I have with Aoi... Still, what happened to us here? How did we fail at stopping the unification?"

Aria: "Like I said before, no one saw it coming."

Aohime: "But, hold on, what about Akari's group? And the other Starlight idols?"

Miyu: "Only Akari-chan and Sumire-chan managed to get away, though we got separated from them on our escape. Everyone else connected to Starlight Academy... got sucked into the world core."

Aohime: "How?"

Elfin: "We really should fill you in, because it's been about three days since the unification began..."

Thus, everyone begins filling Aohime in with the recap of how they failed to stop the unification.

Three days ago, at the moment when EVA Series shot their most powerful Angel Cross Flare yet at the world core...

Raki: "It's time...!"

Raki flew off from Hibiki and Alicia as she suddenly faded away with sparkles around her. The same thing also happens to Sino.