CHAPTER 02 : Trial of Grudge

AUTHOR'S NOTES:
This chapter features an unrealistic and inaccurate representation of a court session, mostly referenced from the Ace Attorney series. This was done because I have barely any knowledge as to how an actual court works in real life. If you readers feel that something's off with this chapter, that is why. Hope you'll understand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Shortly after HAVOC Commander is taken away by the police...

Kii: "Hey... can't we... do anything about this?"

Iris: "I wish I could, but..."

Seira: "This is the authority we're dealing with! We have no power against them!"

Tiara: "No power, you said? Wasn't Iris the 19th Angel with mysterious powers?! My folks told me about that!"

Iris: "You mean using my power to stop them from arresting HAVOC Commander? You can't be joking, Headmistress! I would end up getting branded as a criminal, too!"

Tiara: "Ugh, no..."

Kii: "Still, though, this is messed up! Commander saved the world from CKN! Why would they arrest him?!"

Wendy: "Don't tell me... my uncle's fears became reality!"

Seira: "You mean about someone trying to overthrow Commander? But, again, why?"

Iris: "If we can go to wherever police station they took Commander to, we might find some answers. But we don't know yet as to which police station they're taking him to."

Tiara: "I fear we may have to wait until they bring him to the court. Only then can we find him and then try to get him freed."

Wendy: "I see..."

Iris: "At this point, there's nothing we can do."

Disappointed, the Four Devas leave the stage building alongside Tiara.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Later, at Wendy's house...

Wendy arrives home, finding her uncle Naliputra alongside her parents at the living room.

Wendy: "I'm home. Ah, Uncle, you're here."

Naliputra: "Oh, Wendy. You saw what happened, I presume."

Wendy: "Yes, Commander got arrested by the police. And we couldn't do anything."

Naliputra: "I can't believe my fears became a reality. Our company leader getting overthrown..."

Wendy hugs Naliputra.

Wendy: "It's not your fault, Uncle."

Wendy's dad: "This is definitely a serious problem. We've heard about how HAVOC Commander essentially became a hero by defeating CKN alongside his other self and his idol friends..."

Wendy's mom: "...then why should he be arrested?

Wendy: "I don't know. The police said it was for him murdering Ryan. But, why? Wasn't Ryan the bad guy who caused all these?"

Naliputra: "Us Indonesians should've known that. And yet..."

Wendy's mom: "There has to be someone behind all these."

Naliputra: "Big sis is right. But... who?"

Wendy's mom: "Anyway, Wendy, you probably don't have lunch yet. I have some sayur bayam on the dining table."