Leaving the Shire/meeting Samwise

3rd POV:

Bilbo sneaked over to his hole and reappeared when the door closed. He walked a few steps before being seen by Gandalf.

"I suppose you think that was terribly clever?" Gandalf scolded.

"Come on, Gandalf! Did you see their faces?" Bilbo asked happily.

"There are many magic rings in the world, Bilbo Baggins, and none of them should be used lightly," Gandalf said firmly.

"It was just a bit of fun! Oh, you're probably right as usual. You will keep an eye on Frodo, won't you? I'm leaving everything to him," Bilbo said as he was gathering his stuff.

"What about this ring of yours? Is that staying too?" Gandalf asked, concerned.

Yes, yes, it's in an envelope, over there on the mantelpiece." He reached into his pocket to feel the ring inside. "No, wait. It's here in my pocket. Isn't that- isn't that odd now? Yet, after all, why not? Why shouldn't I keep it?"

"I think you should leave the Ring behind, Bilbo. Is that so hard?" Gandalf asked calmly.

"Well, no...and yes. Now it comes to it, I don't feel like parting with it. It's mine. I found it. It came to me!" Bilbo said greedily.

"There's no need to get angry," Gandalf said.

"Well, if I'm angry, it's your fault! It's mine. My own, my precious," Bilbo hissed.

"Precious? It's been called that before, but not by you," Gandalf said concerned.

"So? What business is it of yours what I do with my own things?" Bilbo snarled.

"I think you've had that ring quite long enough," Gandalf stated.

"You want it for yourself!" Bilbo exclaimed.

The room went dark, and Gandalf's voice boomed. "Bilbo Baggins! Do not take me for some conjurer of cheap tricks! I am not trying to rob you. I am trying to help you."

Bilbo ran to Gandalf and hugged him. Gandalf looked down at Bilbo. "All your long years we've been friends. Trust me as you once did. Let it go!"

"You're right, Gandalf. The ring must go to Frodo. It's late, the road is long. Yes, it is time," Bilbo said grabbing his stuff and opening the door to his home.

Gandalf cleared his throat. "Bilbo? The ring is still in your pocket."

"Oh, yes." He took the ring out of his pocket, let drop out of his hands, and onto the ground. He then walked out of his home and stopped at the gate. "I've thought up an ending for my book. 'And he lived happily ever after to the end of his days.'"

"I'm sure you will, my dear friend. Goodbye Bilbo," Gandalf said quietly.

Bilbo sighed before turning to Gandalf. "Goodbye, Gandalf."

Bilbo turned around started walking away from his home, humming a tune to entertain himself while on the journey. Gandalf watched Bilbo until he could no longer see the hobbit from his eyesight.

Gandalf went back inside and looked at the ring in hesitation. He then touched the ring but repelled from it as soon as he felt evil entering his mind. He walked over to the fire and sat down to the smoke. A moment later, Frodo and Ellia ran into the home to see Gandalf smoking.

"He's gone, hasn't he? He talked for so long about leaving... I didn't think he'd really do it," Frodo said sorrowfully.

Ellia noticed her grandfather acting strangely so she went to touch his shoulder. As soon as she did, Gandalf looked up at Ellia then looked at the ring in Frodo's hand. He then got up and went towards Bilbo's map.