Chapter 4

Sorry I couldn't update wednesday, but I'll double update today bc I didn't Wednesday.☺️

| Dani |

My dad and I were in a heated fight. My eyes stung with tears flowing from them. I didn't tell him who Hayes was and thank god he didn't see his face. We sat in my room going at it the past fifteen minutes.

"Well maybe, I'm not your little girl anymore dad." I said raising my voice. "huh? Have you thought about that ?"

I felt another tear about to fall when I said that. A part of me regretted saying it but another part didn't. I'm sick of being labeled and I'm sick of not being thought of as bad. I want it to be different but I couldn't take my anger out on my dad.

"Dad, I.. I didn't mean t-."

"No, it's fine. If you don't want to be my little girl anymore. It's fine." he raised his hands with tears falling from his cheeks.

"Dad.." I sighed.

He turned around and left, closing my bedroom door with a little slam that made me jump. It was only eight so I decided to get fresh air.

I went onto my balcony and climbed down a the tree. I began to walk and soon found a beach about five minutes from my home. I walked towards the water which had ropes around it.

"On the ground now!" I heard then turned around quickly. It was just Hayes.

"God dammit, you scared me."

I soon felt his arms wrap around me. I cried even harder. I've never been in a serious fight with my dad but Hayes holding me felt right.

"Things will get better." Hayes assured me. "I just hope he didn't see my face clearly, he's my new coach." we laughed and his soft lips touched my forehead.

I turned around to face Hayes. "Hayes..?"

"Yeah ?"he answered in a raspy voice.

"What are we ?"

"Actually, that's your choice." he said.

| Hayes |

While I was running from Dani's house, I thought hard about what we are. Then I figured that she can make the choice when I ask her.. but not yet. It's gotta be something great.

| Dani |

"How about Monday after school, we hang out ?" He plays with my fingers.

"Okay." I smile.

I headed back to my house to find Matt in my bedroom.

"Looking for something ?" I ask startling him.

"Yeah..., you." he said. "I heard your argument with dad. What got into you ?"

"Nothing Matt, go to b-"

"No it's not nothing. Don't lie." He glared at me.

"Look Matt, I will explain later." he continued to glare.

"All I'm saying is that, Dad's been through so much and you know that Dani." he said, his voice firm. "Don't lose his trust or this whole family might fall apart. Got it ?"

I just responded with "Jeez, I tried apologizing but he wouldn't take it and what family are you talking about ? You're forgetting Matt, we don't have a mother. A mother completes a family."

He scoffed. "A perfect family doesn't need a mother Daniela, It's just a group that you're comfortable with." he said and slammed the door like my dad did.

Why do I keep screwing up. I don't even mean half the stuff I'm saying.

*NEXT MORNING (Sunday)*

I woke up to my alarm booming 'maps by maroon 5.' I stopped my alarm and looked at how terrible I looked in the mirror. I laid a flowy, burgundy tank top down on my bed. Along with my black leggings. I put my tan colored Uggs by the side of my bed on the floor.

I went to my bathroom, stripped and hopped in the shower. The water was warm. Then I did my daily routine that consists of washing my body and hair then shaving. I got out of the shower when I was done. I dried off, got in my towel and walked towards my bed. While getting dressed I checked my messages.

Blue eyed wonder💕: Hang out later ?

I quickly responded with a 'yessss 😉'

Blue eyed wonder💕: The movies at 2:00 ?

It was 1:45 right now so I hurried and replied with a 'sure' and I ran downstairs when I was done changing.

I grabbed a poptart from the cabinet and put it in the toaster. I put on my beanie then waited for my poptart to be ready. After a few seconds it was ready. I grabbed it and my penny board and headed downtown towards the movies.

It took about five minutes. I saw Hayes sitting on a bench outside the movies looking the other way.

"Hey, Handsome." I laughed to myself but smiled to Hayes.

"Hey, beautiful." he said. "Ready ?" He held out his arm and when I took it we started walking in the movies.
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
~ Hai💁🏽
~ Umm... idek.
~ Just reminding you, 'NU' means next update.
(NU: Today)
Stay perfect • Luv yah!