Ember, the Guardian Dragon: Too Late

Luna couldn't sleep. Moon was already snoring loudly beside her, and she sounded like a koala burping and cows farting at the same time. Luna scrambled up to her feet and looked outside. The moon was - nowhere to be seen. Perhaps Moon could tell Luna what it meant.

"Moon, Moon! Wake up!" Luna whispered into Moon's ears.

"What?" Moon groaned. 

"The moon is gone!"

"WHAT? SHOW ME."

Luna led Moon outside.

"You see?" Luna said nervously. In her history class with Ivory, she learned that the moon represents the powers, the loyalty, the life of the great guardian dragon, Ember. But the moon was gone. Did it mean...

Ember is dead?

"Oh no. Oh no. OH no." Moon cried. "It could mean one thing."

"Ember is... dead?"

"No, not dead. His..."

"His what?"

"His powers were stolen from him." Moon's eyes turned round, reflecting the starlight. "And... We were too late."

"But there has to be some way to get his power back!" Luna shook Moon.

Moon sighed and said, "There is only one single way. We have to get the Power-Sucker-30000 and put one headband on the person who stole it, and the other band on Ember. The powers will return to Ember. But there is a problem."

Luna nibbled her fingernails. "We need to find out who stole Ember's powers first."

Moon nodded. "Yes. And we need to find the Power-Sucker-30000."

Luna groaned hoarsely, "Thank you, Moon. But now, we have to rest. We have been awake the whole night. Our dragons are still sleeping." 

Moon nodded and murmured, "Alright, let's rest."

                                  🐉                          🐉                          🐉                            🐉          

Ember opened his eyes. Edward was standing on top of him, fitting a saddle onto his back. Ember knew that Edward was going to ride him.

Ember noticed that his mouth gag was gone. 

"EDWARD. PLEASE GIVE ME MY POWERS BACK." Ember hissed at Edward.

Edward snorted and said, "No. You are under MY control now. " 

Ember hissed with annoyance. Was he going to launch an attack on the Dragon Troops now?

As if he could read his thoughts, Edward growled, "I can't locate them with my powers."

Edward had Ember's powers. He could read Ember's mind.

"No. Those are MY powers." Ember started to get hot.

"No. They were your powers. Now they are mine."

Ember roared. "HOW DARE YOU THREATEN ME-OW!" 

Edward had zapped his tail with lightning. "Shut up, you stupid dragon."

Ember felt himself getting whipped. He looked at the sky and prayed, "God. Please let someone save me."

God suddenly replied back, "Yes, my dear dragonet. I will tell you your fate now. Two young girls with the names of the moons will come and free you. You can talk to them using this jewel. Hide it safely from Edward, Ember. If he does, you will be forever imprisoned." God spawned a glowing green jewel in front of Ember. The glow lit up his darkest feelings.

"T-Thank you, God!" Ember whispered, cupping the jewel. Then he felt God's presence disappear, and he closed his eyes. He thought to the jewel, Please come save me.