Communicating

Ember crouched under the ice shelf. He felt cold. Freezing. His wings were aching from the binds, he was sure there was a permanent mark on his wings now. His mouth was clamped shut, probably also making a mark there; but it would make him look like he was wearing some kind of dragon fashion. He lashed his tail angrily and knocked over some ice shards. Then he raked at the ice shelf that was holding him in.

Sccttchhh! Scctcchhh! The noise echoed throughout the valley. Edward and some of the other Dragon Elite Team members poked their heads out. 

"Elite, time for a flight!" Edward huffed.

Right. The Elite thing. Ember hissed in his head. Edward wanted to change his name to Elite. But Ember wasn't in the Dragon Elite Team.

Ember shook his head angrily, clawing at his gag. Edward snarled, "I know you want to change your name, Elite, but I am the one WITH YOUR POWERS here, so I AM THE GUARDIAN of the WORLD. So you better LISTEN TO ME, Elite!" 

Ember hissed, sending a tiny flame of fire blasting at his gag. His gag caught on fire, and the burnt gag fell off his face. 

Wait for a second... How did I actually blast fire even when my powers are gone? Ember wondered. 

Edward suddenly buckled and fell to the floor, clutching his chest. "ARGH!" 

Ember realized, if he found a little of his power back, Edward would feel pain, which is the powers leaving him.

Ember snarled, "MY. NAME. IS. EMBER. NOT. ELITE!!!!" Ember flared his wings open with anger, and to his surprise, the wing binds broke. I got my super-strength back! Edward cried out in pain.

Ember blasted fire at the ice shelf, melting the ice.

"No! Don't let him escape!" Edward yowled. Two men scrambled forward, holding long ropes. Ember flapped his wings and knocked them over, and burst through the hole he had melted through the ice.

He glared down at them as he saw Edward thrashing down below, and the angry men whistling for their dragons. Then he looked up and flew into the setting sun. 

"I will never get caught again! But wait! What about the jewel God gave me?" Ember wondered.

Ember checked the pouch he had packed. There, emitting a soft green glow, was the jewel.  Ember flared his wings, securing them, and cupped the jewel in his hands. He thought to it,  Please, come to Ice Mountain. Even though I will be weak there, I still have some of my powers. After that, can you help me get all of my powers back?

A small thrum told him that the girls replied to him. He raised the jewel up to his forehead and a warm, small voice told him, Sure. We will meet you there. We have our gear ready; We will try out best to try to get your powers back. We promise. Also, our names are Moon and Luna. 

Ember thought to the jewel again. The fate of Drastopia relies on the shoulders of you two. Try your best, and I will regain strength from Edward.

The girls thought back, Wait, who is Edward?

Ember sighed as he turned to look at the small specks chasing him. He flicked his wings and flew to the Ice Mountain. This will surprise you. It is time for you young Drastopians to learn the truth. The people who captured me are your greatest enemies.

The shard vibrated in his talons. The Dragon Elite Team? 

Ember blasted fire from his mouth, imagining Edward suffering. Yes. I'm afraid you're right. And he has stolen a huge amount of my powers.

He could feel the girls tensing. The girls cried, Oh no! Edward is the head of the Dragon Elite Team! We will get your powers back for you, Ember! Don't you worry; We are heading to Ice Mountain right now.

Ember sighed in relief and looked over his shoulder. There are dragons trying to follow me.

The girls asked, Dragon Elite Team dragons?

Ember snorted as he saw the specks getting smaller and smaller. Yes. But they can not chase up to me.

The girls replied, Okay, Ember. We are coming.