𝟘𝟚

ɢʀᴀᴠᴇʏᴀʀᴅ ʜɪᴅᴇ&ꜱᴇᴇᴋ

Sam banged his head against his locker as he grumbled about stupid chemistry teachers. "They all have it out for me, I can feel it." He whined as he walked to detention. The hallway was empty and he was probably late, but he honestly did not care.

He turned to Alex and pointed at her. "This is your fault. All your fault."

She chuckled, "It was pretty funny, to be honest, but them talking about dead bodies is quite weird, right?" As Sam closed his locker his movement paused, he had forgotten all about the two boy's conversation.

"How would we even figure out what they're doing, and why would we want to?" He said as he resumed walking, Alex skipping ahead.

"I don't know, and adventure!" She laughed, her voice ringing through the halls. A small smile stretched across his face as he watched her dance around excitedly.

"Well then," he gestured to the door that led to the detention room, Alex turning back to him as she had passed it. "Adventure awaits."

***

"I'm sure jail wouldn't be too bad, just flash those cute brown eyes to the jury and I give you five years max," Alex said as she sat on top of the desk next to him.

They had been in detention for an hour now. He was lucky that he was sitting in the back of the class so that he could talk with Alex. She was currently rambling on to him, spitting conspiracy theories about the boys and questioning how much jail time he could get for murdering his chemistry teacher.

"I am not murdering my chemistry teacher." He whispered back to her. He noticed Stiles was intently watching the clock, tapping his foot anxiously.

After a few more seconds Alex pointed to the clock. "It's time," The clock struck the end of detention and Stiles quickly grabbed his books, Sam taking a slower pace.

"Sit." Mr. Harris commented without looking up.

"What? But it's been an hour." Stiles questioned as he stood there, all of his books ready to go in his hands.

"My detentions' an hour and a half."

Stiles' arms fell to his side as his mouth dropped like before. "You can't do that."

Mr. Harris finally looked up as he smirked. "Oh... but I can. You see, Stiles, since your father was so judicious in his dealings with me, I've decided to make you my personal project for the rest of the semester. You are going to benefit from all the best that strict discipline has to offer."

He turned his gaze to Sam who was standing with a few of his books under his arm. "And you, Mr. Stoll," He spoke Sam's last name with distaste. " you could benefit from some discipline as well. Now... both of you sit down before I decide to keep you here all night."

Sam plopped back into his seat, his arms crossed in annoyance. Stiles sat down and then proceeded to let his head fall onto his books, tired of Mr. Harris.

During the next thirty minutes, he did nothing but quietly talk to Alex, he didn't have much choice as he had no work, he had just brought the books to the detention so he didn't look out of place.

Finally, it finished, Stiles and Sam rushed out of the detention room as fast as they could so that Mr. Harris couldn't stop them again. That left them both panting in the middle of the hallway with nobody else around.

An awkward silence came between them as they regained their composure. What made it even more awkward was that they had to walk the same way to exit the school.