𝟙𝟘

Sam ran into the school, having found the door that Stiles had unlocked with Gerard's set of keys.

His gaze searched frantically for the direction of the principles office, but Alex saved him as she pointed her towards one of the hallways. "Down there, let's go,"

She jogged down the narrow hallway, Sam following in pursuit but stopping as he heard a loud ring cut through the air. His phone.

Alex paused, looking back towards him as he fumbled to take his phone out of his jacket pocket while continuing to hurry forward.

As he pulled it out, the light flashed on, illuminating the dark hallway. An icon popped up, the black lettering spelling out Stiles.

"It's him,"

Alex nodded quickly, walking back to Sam's position before leaning over to see the screen. Sam quickly clicked answer and clicked speaker so that both of them could hear.

"Stiles?"

"Sam, Sam? Thank god, I thought you weren't going to pick up." Stiles's voice seemed to echo in whatever space he was.

"Where are you? What's happening?"

"The creature, the one from the garage, it's here. We're at the pool - Scott's not answering his phone, and I can't swim for much longer."

"We?"

"Derek, he's here- oh, I have to go. Sam, please hurry."

"Stiles?!" Sam shouted into the phone, a sinking feeling blooming in his chest as a loud splash sounded, the phone emitting a buzzing noise for a few seconds before the call ended.

The boy and girl exchanged glances, both slightly terrified at what was happening to Stiles.

"I'll lead the way," Alex said, pausing for a moment in fear as she turned towards Sam, looking for confirmation that he was ready as she could sense he was also terrified.

But, he nodded - adrenaline filling his senses as he determinedly looked at her.

Alex started down one of the hallways, followed by Sam. He hadn't remembered ever going to the pool in his short time at the school, but since Alex knew where it was, maybe he had passed by it once or twice while walking from class to class.

They were both running as fast as their legs could take them, minus a few pauses as Alex looked in which direction they would have to go.

Finally, after minutes of the only sound being the pounding of their footsteps on the tiled floor, he could hear splashing - followed by someone who was breathing quite heavily.

Seconds later, he rounded the corner, seeing Stiles in the pool, holding on to what looked like an unmoving Derek. The former was trying to drag the latter to the edge of the pool, scaley creature nowhere to be found.

"Stiles!" He shouted as Alex looked around tensely, feeling vulnerable. Her sharp senses had begun to diminish - more than they had after she had died.

She knew it would happen eventually, but for now, she had to hold onto what power she had for the moment - at least until Sam was ready.

"Sam? Sam!" Stiles shouted, his breathing ragged as he swam towards the edge. "Help, help!"

Sam ran to the edge, reaching his hand out for Stiles as he tried to stabilize himself so that he was firmly planted and not unbalanced, knowing that he would be no help if he fell into the water.

Stiles was almost at the pool edge; his hand weakly stretched out as his other arm held Derek from slipping below. Their hands brushed against one another, not yet fully locked.