𝟙𝟜

Sam braced his hands on the back of the driver's seat, thousands of curses that would utterly shock his parents running through his mind.

Stiles skidded around yet another corner as they chased after Derek and the Kanima, but instead of feeling the familiar fear and stress, he felt excitement.

Everything felt invigorating, and he had never felt so alive.

As they skidded around yet another corner, he felt a small laugh bubbling out of him, and he ignored the confused looks that Scott gave him - he didn't care all that much.

In fact, he didn't have a care in the world.

A ways away was Derek, who was following the Kanima at a fast pace. As they started closing in on him, the car came to a halt, Stiles seeing the spikes laid out on the road, intending to pop the car's tires.

It was a surprise they had even let Sam come, but in the spur of the moment, they hadn't had much of a choice as he clambered into the back seat of the car with a determined and excited look on his face.

Scott quickly opened the door and got out, Stiles looking after him in shock. "What do we do now?"

Sam shrugged, a smile on his face as he climbed to the passenger side. He placed his elbow on his knee and then his chin on his head, staring at Stiles.

"So," He started. "How's life?"

Stiles looked at him in disbelief, brushing off the comment as he looked where Scott had jumped over the fence and run away.

Stiles waited for about a minute before cursing and opening the driver's side door, with Sam immediately opening his own door.

Stiles scanned the dark area before seeing a way around the fence and quickly jogging over towards it.

Sam, who followed, had a sudden feeling of paranoia as he looked over his shoulder, frowning when he didn't see anything.

A flash of white made his head turn in the other direction, but again he saw nothing.

His attention turned back to Stiles, who was peering around a corner. "Stiles," He whispered loudly.

"Yeah?"

"I think someone is following us,"

Stiles turned towards him, concern on his face as he looked behind his friend. "We should find Scott fast then. If someone is following us, we stand a better chance altogether."

Sam only now realized how close he and Stiles really were. The boy stilled before giggling slightly, his eyes flickering down to Stiles' lips, then back to his eyes.

Stiles looked everywhere but Sam, his emotions varying from confused and nervous. He felt the boy's mood had changed, and he wasn't sure what had changed it.

But it was more than that - there was something else that made him nervous, that made his cheeks growing hot at the closeness and why his eyes never seemed to meet his friends.

Luckily as he looked away, he saw a person looked around a corner of the building, his back turned to the two boys. It was Scott.

Stiles quickly brushed past Sam in a panic, pointing to Scott as a confused look entered the other boy's face.

They both rushed over, Stiles ignoring his friend's slight pout as the boy muttered before following.

Scott, who was distracted, obviously hadn't been using his super-hearing as Stiles put a hand on his shoulder, jumping back as his best friend abruptly turned around - and relaxing as he saw the two boys.