𝟚𝟚

"Are you sure you're fine?" Stiles asked Sam, scanning his body to see that he hadn't missed any possible cuts or scrapes.

"Yeah, it was painful before, but I'm good now."

They were standing in the small mental encased room inside the building with the loud music filtering from outside, staring at the unconscious Jackson tied to the chair. Even knocked out, his features were tense and angry.

"He okay?"

"Well," Isaac stepped forward, cocking his head as his nails lengthened into claws. "Let's find out."

As he was going to slash his hand across the boy's chest, a big mistake on him, Jackson's hand lashed out as his eyes stayed close, squeezing so tight on Isaac's wrist that Sam could hear the bones crack.

Isaac fell to his knees from the pain as he cried in anguish, finally ripping his arm away after a few more moments, cradling it as he moved out of range.

Sam winced at the sight of the limp wrist, even as he could already see it mending.

"No one does anything like that again - okay?!" Stiles shouted as he pointed his finger threateningly at the three standing around him.

"Agreed," The dirty-blond boy answered, keeping his eyes on the Kanima in the chair as he stirred.

"I thought the ketamine was supposed to put him out," Isaac groaned.

"Well, apparently, this is all we're going to get! So let's hope that whoever's controlling him just decided not to show up tonight."

Sam was beginning to relax during the long pause of anticipation of Jackson's next move when he heard Erica gasp. Turning his head, he saw Jackson's eyes wide open. His body looked as if it was glitching as his face tilted and a distorted voice sounded from his mouth.

"I'm here. I'm right here with you."

There was a pause after that, ending with Stiles slowly shuffling closer so he could crouch down in front of the supernatural creature. He seemed fearless, Sam thought, even being the only human in the room. He slowly sunk down beside the buzzcut boy, trying to focus on keeping his senses alert like Derek had briefly taught him.

"Jackson, is that you?" The pale boy tried.

"Us. We're all here."

"This is so fucking creepy; it feels like a horror movie or something." Sam breathed out, trying to stop the slight tremble of his fingers by shoving them into his pockets.

"Are you the one killing people?"

It was an obvious question, but the answer was confirmed as the voice spoke again, words filled with vengeance. "We're the ones killing murderers."

"So all the people you've killed so far-"

"Deserved it."

Sam had to bite his tongue to keep himself from talking back as the emotions of fear flickered to anger.

"See, we've got a little rulebook that says you only go after murderers."

"Anything can break if enough pressure's applied."

"Alright, so the people you're killing are all murderers then."

"All." Jackson's eyes stared off into blank space as his body stayed frozen. It was creepy. "Each and every one."

"Well then, who did they murder?"

Sam sucked in a breath as the Kanima shifted, mind running a million miles a minute while at the same time not able to produce a single thought.