𝟙𝟠

Sam and Allison silently crept around the hall after Jackson, being as quiet as possible. The already anxious boy had a bad feeling about what they had planned to do as hot waves went through his body.

He pulled at his shirt, trying to cool his internal temperature down just a bit, not wanting to be sweaty for the rest of the day because of his stupid 'bird of fire' self.

Jackson suspiciously glanced behind him after rounding the corner, and Sam quickly pulled his head back - hoping he hadn't spotted them - but he just turned around again, heading into the locker room.

The boy and girl exchanged a glance, the latter nodding as a signal to go on, and they rounded the corner, walking up to the boy's locker door as casually as possible.

Sam grabbed the door handle, turning it open when it opened from the other side, scaring him out of his mind as he thought Jackson had caught them.

Instead, a boy from which he recognized on the lacrosse team, Matt, opened the door - staring at him with an interested glimmer in his eye and then Allison with the same look. He laughed after stepping back in shock, then moved toward them with a friendly smile.

"You guys scared the hell out of me!"

"Sorry, I was- we were just, um, nothing." Allison stammered and then trailed off, looking down with a nervous smile as Sam stood there awkwardly, nervously laughing as he looked anywhere but Matt's eyes.

"That's uh, nice heels." He pointed to the pair in Allison's hands as she seemingly just remembered she was still holding them so that when they were creeping after Jackson, he couldn't hear them.

"Oh! Yeah, uh, my feet were hurting, so, I uh-" She let out another nervous laugh.

"Same reason I never wear mine."

Sam laughed a bit at the comment, catching Matt's eyes as Allison bent down to put her shoes back on.

"What?" The girl questioned as she stood back up.

"Oh, forget it - uh - hey, did you hear about the underground show? Apparently, they've got some big names spinning."

"Oh, you mean like a rave?"

"Well, is it still a rave if you don't roll? I just call it a party, but hey - I got a friend who could hook us up with tickets if you're down. I mean, do you want me to get you one?"

Sam shuffled awkwardly to the side, his eyes studying the art pieces hung up on the wall and posters of upcoming school events that he probably wouldn't be attending.

It was so blatantly obvious that Matt liked Allison - I mean, half the boys at the school probably did. There was always that one person in books like that, and he internally grinned - knowing so far he had yet to be that person. He knew enough about people to know when someone he liked had a crush on him back.

"Yeah, yeah. Great."

"Yeah? All right, cool um, it's Friday so, looking forward to it."

He walked away after one more intriguing look at Sam, turning back a few times to look at both of them. Once he was out of sight, the duo glancing at each other as Allison groaned and brought her palm to her forehead.

"Well," The boy started. "That should be interesting."

"Don't remind me." She grumbled.

He gave her a sympathetic glance before putting his hand on the doorknob again, jerking back as he heard groans and choking sounds from inside.

He finally pushed it open, confusion in concern in his mind. Allison followed next to him, gripping her bag tightly.

"Jackson?"