𝟘𝟜

They had been brainstorming for hours and still had no clue how they would rescue the werewolf boy.

Sam had skipped Chemistry, partly because they needed more time and partly because Stiles and Scott were there - and if he had attended, they were sure to ask questions about the night before.

Eventually, Alex had clapped her hands together and reminded him it was time for lunch, so reluctantly, he got up from his seat in the empty classroom and headed down to the cafeteria.

Once he had gotten his food and sat in a semi-secluded area, he gazed down at his food with a frown, moving it around his plate with a fork. It wasn't that he disliked it or wasn't hungry; it was just that he didn't feel like eating.

Sam could feel his mood getting slightly frustrated as he poked his food harder, still annoyed at their lack of plan. "Sam, meds," Alex reminded him as she noticed his mood slowly growing unruly.

He nodded and quickly dug through his pocket, feeling the familiar cylinder shape of the pill bottle. As soon as it was out, he pressed down onto the cap and turned it counter-clockwise; before popping out one, shoving it into his mouth, and swallowing it.

He knew it would take around 30 minutes for the effects to kick in, and after Alex's persuasion managed to eat a few bites of his food.

Right around the 30-minute mark, Alex's eyes grew wide, and she pointed behind him, where Stiles jogged toward them. He still couldn't believe that Stiles was friends with a werewolf, more so that Scott, the puppy-eyed boy he had met only yesterday (who genuinely seemed like a good person,) was a werewolf.

A werewolf. Hell, Sam still couldn't believe they even existed in the first place.

"Hey, Stiles." He nervously shifted, although he felt more relaxed than a few minutes ago.

Stiles came to a halt in front of him. The boy looked more frazzled than usual and kept looking around for someone; while also periodically glancing at the clock. "Hey, I just wanted to make sure you were okay - you know, after last night?"

Sam shrugged weakly; as he met Stiles' eyes. "I'm fine. I had to go home for dinner early." He had read about it in a fictional novel, mixing a little truth in with a lie. He did go home and eat dinner, although that wasn't the reason he left.

"Did you, by any chance, see anything strange while you headed home last night?"

"No." That was the truth, but he couldn't help but wonder why the boy had asked that.

"Okay. Also, have you by any chance seen Scott around?" Sam shook his head as a no, and Stiles - who seemed to be growing more nervous by the second - nodded and sped off.

"Maybe Scott is affected by the full moon." Alex wondered aloud; as Sam watched Stiles retreating figure before turning to face her.

"What would happen if he is?" Sam questioned in a quiet voice.

"Bad things. But for now, we have to focus on the other werewolf boy."

***

Sam tapped his finger against the dinner table as he glanced up at his parents. "I was wondering," He started. "Could I hang out with a friend tonight? Nothing illegal, I promise."

What he was going to do tonight was very, very illegal. "Sure, but make sure to stay safe," Maria responded with a fond smile after sharing an exciting glance with her partner. The two women had rarely seen or heard of their son interacting with people, so two nights in a row was like a miracle.

Luna snapped her fingers in the air as she remembered something. "Oh, I forgot to tell you. One of my old friends' son is a deputy at the station. You should meet him when you have time; he also could help show you around the town!"