𝟘𝟟

"Boyd!"

Scott shouted as he walked across the ice, Sam slowly following as he focused on his foot placement- still wary from the last time he had been at the rink.

Alex followed behind Sam, gazing around as she tried to look for any signs of the other werewolves.

"I just wanna talk," Scott started, but the dark-skinned boy just continued to drive the ice cleaning machine. "Hey, come on, Boyd, please."

They neared the boy's positions, Sam finally trusting himself enough to stay upright as he looked up.

"Did Derek tell you everything? And I don't just mean going out of control on the full moons. I mean everything."

Boyd stopped the machine, slightly turning his head towards Scott, but not so that they made eye contact. "He told me about the hunters."

"And that's not enough for you to say no?" Scott questioned in disbelief.

Boyd rolled his eyes as the boy continued. "Whatever you want, there's other ways to get it."

"I just wanna not eat lunch alone every day," Boyd stated, jaw clenching as he continued to stare straight ahead.

Sam felt a pang of sadness for the boy; he had only been at the school for a few days and had already made friends. Even before, at all his other schools, he had always had Alex.

"If you're looking for friends, you can do a lot better than Derek."

"Sam, Sam, turn around!" Alex called out, Sam spinning around a few seconds before a deep voice cut through the air.

"That really hurts, Scott. I mean, if you're going to review me, at least take a consensus." He motioned to the two beta's standing smugly beside him.

"Erica, how's life been for you since we met?"

"In a word... Transformative." She smiled before letting out a roar, Sam slowly backing up at the movement, Alex now beside him in a defensive position. He really should have gone with Stiles.

"Isaac?"

"Well, I'm a little bummed about being a fugitive, but other than that, I'm great."

Scott slowly stepped in front of Sam, noticing the sly look Derek had been giving the boy. "Okay, hold on. This isn't exactly a fair fight."

"Then go home, Scott. But, you're going to have to leave your little friend here with me."

Sam's head swerved around as he searched for anyone, literally anyone else who could possibly be the 'little friend' - but his search came up empty. Great.

Scott didn't move, Alex frantically motioning the boy to run as the two betas walked towards him. He took a few steps back, the urge to run becoming so great - but he couldn't leave Scott.

And even if he tried, the betas were closer to the exit, and with their enhanced speed, would catch him in no time.

Alex seemed to know what he was thinking, as she always did, but instead of trying to convince him to run, she ducked behind the ice machine - motioning for Sam to follow.

He heard a grunt as he ducked behind the ice cleaner, then a loud crunch. Peeking, out he saw Scott crouching as he looked up, a wide dent in the ice where his fist had collided with it.

"I mean fair for them." He growled, followed by a deep roar that seemed to shake the ground.

The fight was a blur, Scott easily overpowering them in most instances as he had more experience. Though his amount of energy was faltering - and he wouldn't last much longer at the rate the two betas were attacking him.