𝗶𝘃. 𝗶𝗻𝘀𝗼𝗺𝗻𝗶𝗮

IV.
"when I sleep, I see it in my dreams, but the longer I stay awake, the more of it appears around me"

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

WITH SUSPICIOUS EYES, Law looked at a few of his crewmates, standing in line to get their lunch

"They're so cute, aren't they?" he heard Clione sigh and Shachi nodded with a heavenly smile as they both looked at Aphelandra who filled the bowls of the pirates in front of them.

"They really have a death wish, don't they?" he asked and Penguin next to him chuckled a little bit.

"Come on, you can't deny that they are beautiful, can't you?" his mate responded and then fixed his eyes on Ran, who brought new vegetables for Kikyo to slice.

Law rested his eyes on the meat and rice in his bowl instead.

"I'm not here to fall in love with pretty faces. As if I have nothing better to do." was all he mumbled back and dug his spoon back into his food.

While he chewed, his eyes went over his surroundings and eventually rested on Luffy, watching him smile widely when Jinbei asked him something.
When Margaret brought him another bowl with food, he said something that made her laugh.

This boy really was a miracle. While the women of Amazon Lily were ready to kill any men that dared to step too close to them, they adored him, always smiled when he spoke to them and asked how the treatment of his wounds was going.

The Heart Pirates loved him and his humor as well and had already asked Law if they could meet with the strawhats once in a while.

Added to that, Jinbei, a former warlord and fishman warrior, and Silvers Rayleigh, the former right hand of the pirate king, sat next to him and cared for him.

Law wondered if there was a person in this world that Luffy couldn't bewitch, if there was anyone who could resist his charme.

But he also wondered if the others around him noticed how tired and broken he was really on the inside.

Rayleigh had told him that his nightmares had kept Luffy awake during most of the nights and the surgeon wanted to avoid a worsening of his state.

So when Margaret came up to him and asked him if he and Penguin wanted another bowl, Law started to tell her exactly what Rayleigh had explained to him and asked if their herbs might be of use for the strawhat's problems.

Luffy had gotten enough medicine and chemical help during his operation and coma, so Law first wanted to try some natural ingredients for his insomnia.