𝘅𝘃. 𝘂𝗻𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴𝗲𝗱

XV

" maybe he's one of the reasons. "

▬▬▬▬▬

IT FELT LIKE HIS HEAD WAS ABOUT TO EXPLODE

Law stared at a non-existing spot and couldn't direct his thoughts, all of them too fast for him to grab or hold them.

God how much he hated this.

He clenched his fist and grit his teeth, feeling like he was being crushed beneath the weight of guilt and shame on his shoulders.

"Law, are you listening?"

Ikkaku's voice ripped the captain out of his thoughts and as he rose his head to look into the group surrounding him, he noticed everyone staring at him.

Bepo had just reported how much medical material and fuel they had left and what island might be the best to aim for next.

But Law had lost his focus during the last half of it because his mind had been occupied by the previous night, his overthinking getting worse and worse every time he found a point in his conversations with Luffy where he should've said something else, something better.

He hated it when he got lost in his head, when he lost his focus and got nervous. And he had been nervous the entire night, his anxiety had only gotten worse when he and Luffy had walked out of the forest and had headed back to the Polar Tang.

Constantly, he had felt Luffy's eyes resting on him, the slightest of contact to reassure him that they were both walking together since they hadn't said a word to each other.
A sting in his chest almost made him flinch when he recalled how Luffy had immediately got into bed after entering Law's cabin, only taking off his jeans shorts and leaving him in his shirt and boxers before burying himself in the blanket, his back turned to Law.

He had mumbled a low "Good night." and at that moment, Law had been sure that he had disappointed him, that Luffy had probably expected another outcome of the evening.

But the sole thought of Luffy's lips against his, of his fingers against his skin and his big eyes looking so deeply into his own made him feel anxious and nervous and he frowned as he tried to swallow down the tint of excitement that had come along with those thoughts.

Yet when Ikkaku's voice broke through to him, the frown very quickly vanished and he cleared his throat.

"Sorry, what?"

She gave him a worried look, while the others seemed at least confused.

"Bepo just said that our stocks will only last for two or three more weeks. And that we'll need at least three days to get through the Calm Belt and towards the next island." Shachi told him and Law only nodded.