Chapter 5

<<<<<<<<<<<<<🌼🌼🌼>>>>>>>>>>>>>

I unlocked the door. Sai was on a video call with someone, but as soon as her sight fell on me, she became little jumpy and turned it off.

"What were you doing?" I asked  suspiciously.

"Just wat-watching a video."

She is acting so sketchy, and this was definitely a lie.

"But what took you so long?" she tried to sound extra casual to cover the lie.

"The bakery was crowded." I answered and and that's how you lie.

********

After I took bath, I facetimed Shub.

H- Hi!

S- So you found the keys miss wanna be Sherlock. (Giggled)

H- Ok that was a quick transfer from Abhay.

S- Yes, he is also a little upset with you.

Shit! He told him.

S- You didn't even had a glass of water at his house?

H- Oh that! (Relieved). I was getting late because this person right here (showing Sai) who ate all the pastries was getting on my nerves. She didn't even ask me for one.

S- I still don't know what that diet brag was about?

SAI- Troll couple alert! Troll couple alert!

H- She still calls us that.

SAI- No I ship that losers.

H- Ok, now Sai has to leave, bye Sai. (Instructing)

SAI- Ok, bye shubi and I'll see you later Heer. (Left)

H- Where are you right now? Seems a little strange and chirpy around.

S- Yah, I am in the dressing room, just padding up for the nets.

Suddenly someone passed behind him.

H- Was that Virat? (Almost got a heart attack)

S- (looked around) Ya that was Virat bhaiya. You want to talk to him?..
Bhaiya, she is your big fan can you take a sec.

He shifted the camera towards him.

VK- Hi, you told me your friend's name, Heer ya. Hi heer.

H- Oh my god hi, big fan of yours, love your cover drive, you look even better in video call, best of luck for your next match, and I don't know how much random stuff I can put in a sentence. (laughed)

He laughed too, but why did he mentioned me only his friend? Then shub shifted the camera towards him.

S- (with a weird look) I didn't knew were such a creepy fan.

H- Was that Hardik Pandya behind?

S- STOP THIS! (Whispered)

H- Ok bye. Have a good sesh.

S- Bye.

A few days later~

I was frustrated at work, so I took a small break.

Though I didn't enjoyed Starbucks a lot, but its the nearest coffee shop and much more calmer place to work.

I entered inside, and it's really strange that almost every table was occupied.
Then my eyes fell on an almost vacant table, only a single person sitting around.

"Can I?" I asked him facing the either side.

He nodded, and I took the seat.

I switched on my laptop. Shit that particular fragrance again.

"Heer?" I heard.

I turned aside, and it was Abhay sitting already. He has hardly ever spoken to me but makes me so nervous, and I still keep running into him.

"Hi." I replied with a weird smirk.

"Don't be worried or run away, I ain't gonna say anything."

"I'm so sorry for the last time, it couldn't be more awkward."

"Can we just not apologize everytime?" he said with a straight face.

I started working on the codes, and he was scrolling through his phone while having an americano.

He looked around cautiously, and took out a little bottle from his pocket.

Wait is it alcohol?

He took a sip from it and kept it back.
"What?" I laughed in shock.

"How can you have alcohol and caffeine at the same time?" that thought blowed me up.

"You saw that? I thought you were busy. But this tastes real good, and you don't get li-like drunk drunk after this."

"If you don't want to get drunk drunk, just don't drink at first place man. You are out of the world!" still can't control that amazed smile.

He smiled too, and that's the first time I've seen him do that since we met.

"Just a little piece of advice, you don't have to hurt your body for someone fucking else." I became sentimental.

"I don't know, I just like this shit."

I simpered to him.

"You know, you are a little less unsettling than I felt before. Just be yourself more, you're not as stern you act. You're nice." I said.

"Now you're unsettling for me but it's been years someone has told me that, thanks maybe."

"Can I've your number? I'm new in Delhi, don't know a lot of people here." I told.

"Ok."

<<<<<<<<<<<<<🌼🌼🌼>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hope you liked this chapter.
Like and comment ;).