Chapter 17

<<<<<<<<<<<<<🌼🌼🌼>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Heer's POV-

I awoke in the blazing heat of sun. I rolled down my bed to cover the drapes, as sun was gazing from the window.

I checked the time, it was some 12ish noon and for a surprise my head wasn't aching at all, result of Abhay's adoration. Speaking of him, where is he? I called,

H- Hey come here naa, where are you?

A- I'm actually in Bangalore.

H- What're you doing there? And when did you even go?!

A- Our second and third T20 is over here and the flight was last night.

H- Ok yah, I might've slept. So the entire team would be there na?

A- Hmm, Shub was there.

H- Did he said something?

A- Nothing actually, he just gave me a death stare on the airport and then ignored me afterwards.

H- I feel terrible to ruin your friendship.

A- No don't be, let's hope everything will be alright.

H- I guess you were sleeping right?

A- Yes. (Yawning)

H- Ok bye, I'll talk to you later.

A- Bye.

A few days later~

Abhishek's POV-

Our game will start in a few minutes. All of us were nervous, as we lost the second match and this one is the decider.

I was tieing my shoelaces sitting on the bench inside of dressing room when I saw Shubman passing in front of me.

"Shubman?-" I called but he ignored.
I ran towards him, and stopped. He turned back, "Shubman, I feel really guilty when you do this. Now even our team members are suspecting that we faught, and today I read an article suggesting what might have the reason for our odd behaviour on field." I spoke in a breath.

"Listen Abhay, I have asked for a single thing but I know you are still in touch with her. So it's time you choose, it's either me or her." He said and walked off.

I followed him to the field. We were bowling first so the team gathered around. Then we all displaced to our position.

The english openers started strong, the powerplay was very expensive with no wickets.

Virat bhaiya called me to bowl the next over, "Come on champ, set the field according to you." He told with confidence.

I pushed a few fielders out of the 30 yard circle and bowled the first ball. The batsman defended it.

I bowled the next one, but this time the ball directly struck his pads in front of the stumps.
"Howzattt?!" I appealed to the umpire.

He raised a finger and the batsman was out. I was really happy, other players came, patted my back and ruffled hair.

My sight fell on Shubman standing quietly in the back. "Bhai-" I spoke and hugged him tight as it was my first wicket.

"Well done." He mumbled rubbing my back.

The other batsman entered, and I bowled the next ball. He missed it with the bat which created a gap making the bails come off, and the player was bowled.

"Yayyy." I shouted pumped up.

It was two down consecutively. I'll make it to hat-trick if I pick up this one. I saw the batsman warming up on the crease.

Will he defend? Or will he counter attack? The english batsman are known for their power hitting T20 skills, so I bowled a flighted delivery but the pace was very low to make a shot.

The batsman tried to hit the ball for a six, but couldn't generate enough strength. The ball went high up in the sky.

I saw Shubman standing under it, my breath stopped for a second but he caught it. I ran towards him, and ligit hopped on him, my legs were crossed over his stomach.

"Thalle pai ja, nhi ta sadde vaare gay aala article aauga." (Move down, or else a gay article will be published upon us.") He giggled.

I laughed too, and got off. Soon the first innings came to an end, and we restricted them to a decent score of 150.

I was changing my shoes when I saw Virat bhaiya discussing with coaches. Soon our batting coach informed me that I have to open the innings as Rohit bhai got injured.

I walked on the crease with Shubman. It's not our first time as we have opened for punjab in past but this feels so good.

The innings started ,Shubman was in a good touch but got out.

My heart was racing when I reached to 49. I pushed the next ball over long on to fetch a single and that was it, I made a half century.

I faced the bat to the dugout, and the entire stadium was echoing with my name.

I don't know what really struck me at that moment but I laid my bat on the side and swung my hand in air to make an infinity sign, the reason why I'm standing here is my infinity love.

I got out down a few overs but we still managed to win the match. In the presentation too, I recieved MOM and a few more awards.

After a few hours we reached our hotel. I hurriedly took out my phone from the cupboard and facetimed Heer,

A- Heyy.

H- I was dying for this moment, congrats Abhay!

A- Thanks. Well I am coming back tomorrow, what do you want from here?

H- Just give me all the trophies. (Chuckled)

A- They already belong to you.

H- Um-well, I liked your gesture on the field. (Blushed)

A- Yah, I did that for you but now everyone just keep on asking me what was the reason behind it and I have no clue what to say.

H- You replied anything?

A- No, I just ran away. (Smiled)

H- By the way you and Shub were getting along na?

A- I think he might have forgave me.

H- The way you guys were close, I felt jealous for a moment. But you really love his friendship, don't you?

A- Yes, we have been friends since we were kids and he has really special role in my career and life.

H- I hope it remains that way forever.

A- Listen, my phone is stroming with messages and calls right now. I'll just reply them and sleep. Bye.

H- Bye, love you.

I smiled for a minute after hearing.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<🌼🌼🌼>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Hope you liked it.
Like & comment <3.