fifty-three

I was up doing Serayah's hair listening to music while she was playing with her doll

I was up doing Serayah's hair listening to music while she was playing with her doll. I watched her as she hit the doll head when she was trying to do it's hair.

"Stop moving." She dragged.

"Rayah you gone break it." I laughed.

"It won't stop moving." She got mad and threw the fat ass doll head across the room.

"Go pick it up." I sat the brush down.

"No." She said.

"Serayah, pick it up now and put it back in your room. Get your coloring book." I said sternly.

"Okay." She said quietly and ran to her room putting it back.

While she was getting her coloring book, an unknown number called me.

"Hello?" I said.

"Is this Serayah?" A familiar voice asked.

"Yes, who is this?" I asked.

"This Brenda." She said, and I remembered that she's my father's youngest sister. She calls every blue moon to check up on me whenever she can.

"Oh, hey auntie Brenda." I said and Serayah came running in and sat back down.

"Hey, how you been lately, everything good?" She asked.

"Yea everything's good, what about you?" I asked.

"It's getting there." She said. "How's your brother and sister?" She asked.

"I don't know about Serena, but DeShawn's good, he moving back here actually." I said. "You okay though? You sound sad." I said.

"We got some bad news this morning about your father." She said.

"What happened?" I asked as I greased Serayah's scalp.

"They told us he had a heart attack and it didn't end well." She sighed.

"In jail?" I asked.

"Yea, he died yesterday morning and we're having his body cremated." She said and I stopped doing Serayah's hair.

"Oh." I said awkwardly.

"We're having something down my house and you and your siblings should come and bring the kids. It'll be nice to see y'all again." She suggested.

"I don't know about that, you probably have to call Serena yourself." I said honestly.

"Well if you change your mind let me know, I have to go." She said.

"Okay talk to you later." I ended the call.

I was numb, I don't know how to feel. I mean it's not like now that he's dead it's going to be a difference in my life. I've been without a father since that situation and I was 17 when that happened.

I called my brother and it rung two times before he picked up.

"Why you lookin' like that?" He asked. "You ready ugly you gone make it worse." He said.

"I ain't ugly the fuck." I said. "But auntie Brenda just called me." I said.

"The slow one wit' the dentures?" He asked.

"No, that's Madison, auntie Brenda the nice one." I said.

"Ohhh, the one that know how to cook." He said.

"Yea her." I chuckled.

"What she want?" He asked.

"She said daddy had a heart attack and died." I looked at the camera and he stared at it for five seconds before he busted out laughing.

"Damn that's tuff." He continued laughing. "You know you wanna laugh go ahead." He said.

"Ain't shit." I let out a laugh.

"But for real, she said she want us to come to a get together she having, I told her I don't know." I said.

"I'll go if you go." He said.

"Okay, she said bring your kids too." I said.

"Imma fuck around and tell them I got fraternal twins." He said since both his kids 4 but got different mommas.

"You hell." I laughed.

"They look like me though, it's believable." He shrugged. "I don't got time to get a lecture from somebody." He said.

"I just know they gone be asking all types of personal questions." I sighed.

"Cause half his family nosey as hell, they ain't even fuck wit' him." He chuckled.

"Probably why she just got him cremated, she knew nobody was coming to the funeral." I said.

"I'm already knowin'." He said.

"Guess who I ran into the other day." I said.

"Who?" He asked.

"You remember major?" I asked.

"That dude you had a crush on when you was little." He said.

"I ain't have a crush on him." I said.

"Oh." He said.

"What are you talking about cause I feel like you trying to be slick. At least I can count on one hand who all I talked to." I said.

"Damn stop reading my damn mind." He said.
"I ain't even- yea you right." He cut his self off.

"I know I'm right I don't remember a time I was wrong." I shrugged.

"You ugly." He said.

"That's why you look like yo' daddy." I said.

"I look like some ashes to you." He said and I gasped as I laughed. "I look like my momma fuck you." He laughed.

"Bye get off my phone you play too much." I laughed.

"Ight bye love you." He laughed.

"Love you too." I laughed before hanging up.
____________________________________

Im finna bring some more drama in,they been too happy👩🏽‍🦯

they been too happy👩🏽‍🦯