May 6th - Midnight

Today's prompt will be a little side one-shot to my fic, Marinette Dupain-Cheng: Wedding Planner. You can find it on my account, so please read that before you read this! Thank you!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ugh. Who knew the park could be boring after a little while? Given we are 9, it was bound to happen sooner or later.

"Sunshineeee," I groaned.

"Yeah?"

"I'm boredddd! What can we do??"

"Hm..." Adrien's face scrunched up like it always does when he's in "deep" thought.

And as usual, I can't help but laughing.

"What's so funny, midnight?"

"Your thinking face! I can't help it, I'm sorry!" I managed to say between fits of laughter.

He stuck my tongue out at me playfully. "Very funny."

I finally managed to stop laughing, both of us ending up in deep thought. As if our thoughts were connected, we looked at each other and grinned mischievously.

"Dress up?"

"Dress up."

We ran to our mothers and used our best puppy eyes with them while we pleaded.

"I don't see any problem! What do you think, Emilie?" my mother asked Adrien's mom.

"Gabriel would kill me...but it's fashion, so absolutely!"

"Yes!! Thank you both!" Adrien and I exclaimed.

"Up for superheroes today, sunshine?" I smirked.

"You bet, midnight!"

We all walked—except for Adrien and I, who ran—back to the bakery. As soon as we entered, the two of us raced upstairs and hurriedly opened a trunk that contained all of the costumes I've helped my mother make for us.

We threw them on and became our favorite personas—Ladybug and Chat Noir. When we played as them, we imagined a whole love square between our characters, since we also incorporated our "civilian selves" as part of it. Ladybug/Marinette pined after Chat Noir without knowing it was Adrien, saying he was "just a friend" as Marinette. Chat rejected Ladybug's advances since he pined after Marinette (but he didn't know she was Ladybug). It was super complicated at first, but we eventually got used to it.

"Can we start with Marinette and Chat interacting? I like saying "purrincess" because I can practice rolling my r's!"

I laughed at his reasoning, it's usually more thought-out than that. "Sure! We'll say he's patrolling because Ladybug wasn't available!"

"Yay! Let me get into character first," Adrien told me with a smirk as he walked away to my balcony, the bell on his costume jingling with every step he took.

I giggled quietly and pretended to make myself busy. I heard him knock on my skylight and playfully shouted, "Who is it?"

He opened the door and poked his head inside, shooting me a goofy grin. "Purrincess, who else has access to your room this way?"

I playfully thought about it, "Hm, let's see..."

"Haha, very funny."

"I'm just messing with you, chaton," I said as I poked his bell. "Anyway, what brings you here?"

"Can't I visit my princess?"

"Silly kitty."

"But I'm your silly kitty, midnight."

"Maybe so. And I'm your princess."

"Always and forever."

"Forever and always."

"Copycat!"

"Aren't you the cat?"

"...fair."

"I know. You'll always be a silly kitty."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
short little fluffy drabble

i can't- tiny them are so cute and precious 🥺

stay miraculous!

~jewel