Chapter 15:

*Harry's P.O.V*

Niall was in the hospital room sleeping while I was in the waiting room with Clary. She was resting her head on my shoulder, knowing I needed her comfort now more than ever, and from no one but her. Ed was down in the cafeteria getting some dinner, but Clary and I couldn't eat. Our appetites were completely gone. I just couldn't believe it, I didn't want to believe it. Niall was my best friend, and I knew that I never really treated him right, but I didn't want him hurt. Not like this. I remembered how his drinking got out of hand last year, and it made me so happy to see him get better. Every morning, he would bring in a bottle of pure vodka, and by seventh period almost everyday, he would be shit face drunk, stumbling down the halls. Unlike Louis the Loser Tomlinson, we didn't go to a nice private school. The teachers saw Niall and saw another kid. They didn't care about him, because they said that was his choice. All he had was Liam, Ed, and I. So when he was away from the alcohol, I was actually...happy around him. Most of the time I wanted to punch drunk Niall in the face every time he opened his mouth. Now it was like he got his life back, and we were all just normal kids again. Now he was back in here for the same damn reason. Though, this time it wasn't his choice. It was all my fault.

"Harry," Clary whispered in a questioning tone.

"Hm?" I replied, tired from the commotion if finding Niall barely alive on my kitchen floor. (Not my favorite weekend activity...)

"It's my fault Niall is in here." She cried. I shifted so I was facing her now, wiped two years away from her cheeks with my thumbs, and smiled down on her.

"No, baby no. If anything it's my fault. You had no idea Niall used to be a heavy drinker. None of this is your fault, after all, you were just trying to help." I explained, holding her close. Clary was the only one who really understood me truly. She could see through any facade I played. Clary always saw the real me. The moment was sweet until I saw Liam run in, with that Elizabeth girl...and Louis the loser Tomlinson. Jesus Christ, I thought. Liam immediately saw me and stormed in my direction. He was angry, until he saw Clary cradled in my arms, and his rage melted.

"Who-" he started, but I stopped him short.

"Liam, this is my girlfriend, Clary Baker." I said firmly. Clary looked up at me in shock, probably because this was the first time I ever called her me girlfriend. (But hey, there's a first for everyone, right?)

"O-oh, I didn't know you were seeing someone." He stuttered out, then continued. "Where's Niall?"

"Room 116B." I told him. Liam nodded, and within the blink of an eye, he was sprinting down the hall. The Elizabeth girl followed him, leaving Clary, Louis the loser, and I. Louis looked over at me with a straight face, not a single trace of emotion, and asked if he could speak to me privately. At first, I hesitated, then nodded in agreement, and followed him to the other side of the waiting room, leaving Clary to texting her friends.

"Look, I hate this just as much as you do," Louis started. "but we need a plan to get Liam away from Elizabeth, and I have been thinking. As much as it kills me to say it, we need to work together on this. Otherwise they are going to be inseparable. I hate it, you hate it, so I say we work together this one time, and then go back to hating each other like nothing ever happened." Louis explained. I stared at him for a while as if he had a third eye, processing what he just told me. Me, work with Louis the loser Tomlinson? Not if I had to choose between that and being eaten alive by sharks while having a heart attack. I was ashamed just to be seen with him now! Still, I couldn't stand Liam always being with Elizabeth. It was bad enough to have Niall trying to see Alyssa, and I did want Liam away from Elizabeth. Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea after all.

"So, you in?" He asked. I smirked an evil grin, and laughed a bit.

"Sure, I will help you out this one time, but only because I'm getting something out of it."

"Typical." He scoffed. I rolled my eyes at his little remark, then began walking away toward Clary. The faster I got away from him, the better. We may had been working together, but that did not mean I had to be nice to him. I would never be nice to Lou the loser.

"Hey, where are you going?! I thought we agreed to work together!" Louis called out. I turned back and gave him another smirk.

"We are, if I need your help, I will give you a ring." I laughed. As I began to walk again, Louis grabbed my shoulder.

"Harry, what are you planning?" He demanded to know. I shrugged off his shoulder and turned on him. Yeah, I had a plan, and he would help me with it. The bastard had no other choice.

"Look, tomorrow, just keep Elizabeth busy, and I will deal with Liam. I got this under control Tomlinson. You just gotta do your part, and I'll do mine."

"Then why do I feel like I'm making a deal with the devil?" He asked folding his arms across his chest. I chuckled then walked away.

"Not my fault!" I laughed out, then walked back over to Clary. As I was sitting down, she rested her head on my shoulder.

"What did Louis want to talk about? He looked pretty pissed." She asked me.

"Nothing...we're just working together on something."

"Promise me you won't get hurt?" She asked again. Jesus Christ does she want to play twenty questions here?

"I promise." I assured her. I try my best never to lie to Clary, because I did love her. Sure, I probably wouldn't get hurt, but I never said anything about anyone else...

*Louis P.O.V*

My stomach tied into knots thinking of the deal I made with Harry. What I was thinking? Harry Styles helping me?! If anything he would fuck everything up. Still, I liked the idea of him staying away from Liz and letting me deal with her. He can do whatever he wants to Payne. All the mattered was that she would be with the people she belonged with. Alyssa, Zayn, and I. She wouldn't be off gallivanting with some guy she barely knows. I knew that maybe it was a little rude, but she needed this. She needed us. We have always been there for her, and this guy just waltzed right into her life thinking he was the best thing that ever walked the earth!

"Where is he Lou?!" I heard a voice call from behind. Turning on my heels, I saw Alyssa storming toward me. She grabbed me by the collar of my shirt and held up an angry clenched fist, ready to punch me right in the jaw.

"W-what?!" I cried.

"Liz text me and told me Niall was here. Where, is, he?!" She demanded to know. I glanced over to where Harry sat with Clary, and smiled. Harry would never let her do this and go see Niall.

"He's in room 116B, but Harry is right over there, so I would suggest leaving, because there's no way that he will let you see him." I sighed sarcastically. She pushed me away and ran right past I'm. Expecting Harry to get up and chase after her, I began to laugh at her misfortune. Then I stopped as I realized that Harry was sitting there, too busy with that stupid Clary girl to give a single fuck about my sister running off to see Niall. I smacked my forehead and sighed. Whatever, I had to go off and find Liz. She was most likely with Liam, but I had to get her away from him. I tried to wrap my brain around the idea of Alyssa with Niall, but it was too horrific. Liz, then Alyssa. It was just the way it was supposed to be, and that wasn't my fault. That was just the way of life, and who was I to change fate?