Chapter 17:

*Zayn's P.O.V*

"Christ's sake mate, for the last time, she said she didn't hate you." I sighed, annoyed that Niall was still beating up on himself for getting drunk. He was convinced that Alyssa would never speak to him again. I have known Alyssa since she was in diapers, and I knew that she would never say she hated him because he fucked up. Nothing would really cause Alyssa to hate someone, especially Niall. That is, unless he really fucked up. Like...if he hurt Louis, Liz, or I. Then he could worry about her never speaking to him again.

"But...god Zayn, you have no idea what-" He started, but stopped when we both look over to the door that was now open, and Alyssa was standing right in the doorway. She ran right over to the bed and held Niall close. I could tell by her shaky breathes that she was trying not to cry. It was a little cute, and a little creepy, to watch.

"I was so worried, you just have no idea Niall." She cried. Niall slowly wrapped his arms around Alyssa and buried his head in the crook of her neck. A smile smoothly spread across my face. They were a good pair, honestly. Louis was crazy to think that Niall Horan was anything like Harry. I mean, Harry is tough as nails, and Niall...well, Niall is a snowflake. He doesn't have a tough bone in his body.

"Zayn!" She shouted, now looking right at me. "You tell Louis about this, and Zayn, I swear to god you will regret it for the rest of your life!" She snapped at me.

"Hey now, since when have I ever ratted you out for anything? Remember, Louis still doesn't know you broke his iPod!" I laughed, throwing my hands behind my head. Both Niall and Alyssa laughed along with me, then went amongst their business, cuddling and whatnot. Meanwhile, I was texting a distressed Liz. Liam apparently snapped at her, and now she was trying to find Louis so she would have someone to talk to. I can't see why Louis ever over reacted when he saw Liam and Liz together. Yes, he had feelings for her, but I mean, what reaction did he expect? He peeked in on her getting dressed, kissed her without permission, pretty much made her get hit by a car, then lied to cover all of that up. Honestly, Louis fucked shit up this time.

Watching Alyssa and Niall be cute between texts made me miss an old girl I talked to back where I used to live. She was a blond girl, with great curves and a sweet smile. She was also a great singer, which is why Liz reminded me so much of her. Though I could picture her face like I saw her yesterday, I couldn't remember her name. Back then, she was my best friend. Then after a while, I got a new phone, and her number was lost forever. I would do anything to find her again. She was my best friend, and I loved spending time with her.

Not even five minutes later, a guy with ginger hair came rushing into the hospital room. I recognized the guy, only because I thought I had seen him hanging around Liam, Niall, and Harry a lot. (That had to be it. Why else would he look somewhat familiar?) Niall sprung up and scanned the guy head to toe, confused.

"Ed, what the hell? You look like you've seen a ghost." Niall scoffed.

"Yeah, well look at this." The guy, Ed, breathed, handing the phone to Niall. As he read whatever was on the screen, his face changed to the color of winter frost. Alyssa turned the phone towards her, and whatever it was had the same effect on her. She placed her hand over her mouth in shock even. What?

""W-whet the hell's going on?" I asked nervously. Alyssa looked up at me, and handed me the phone. I stared at a text message from Harry, and my heart stopped when I realized what it all meant.

Harry:

Tell Louis I almost have Liam in the field by the train yard. In a little bit, he won't have to worry about Liam again