Chapter 4:

LOUIS P.O.V*

*FLASH BACK TO TWO YEARS AGO*

The nurse let me into the room, and I rushed to her side. She just lay there solemnly, not moving, bruised, and from what I saw, barely breathing. I could barely look at her. Liz was just so...emotionless sleeping. God damn it! I could have stopped this from happening. It was all my fault that she was in a coma.

*FLASHBACK TO YESTERDAY*

"Lou! You bastard!" Liz screamed running out of my house with only a bikini top and shorts on. Big deal, I wanted a little peak of her naked, so I poked my head in while she was changing. It wasn't that bad! I just thought she was hot! If anything she should have taken it as a compliment. We had just gotten done swimming in our pool, and while she was getting undressed, I kind of tried to peek in on her.

"You know what your problem is Liz? You over react to everything!" I yelled at her. She stopped at the side walked, and turned around.

"Over react? Louis, you were trying to look at me while I was undressed! You are a pervert!" She replied. Zayn and Alyssa came rushing out.

"She's right Lou, that was just nasty." Alyssa commented folding her arms in disapproval. I can't believe she wasn't taking my...well, actually, I can. She's annoying as hell, and so is Liz. Both of them could never know about my feelings. Liz just couldn't know I liked her. I mean, she and I have hated each other since we were kids! It wouldn't make sense if I just came out and said I liked her. If anything, I could never hang out with our little group again. Zayn, Liz, Alyssa and I have all hung out together since we were just little kids. Ruining that would just be too much.

"Zayn! Back me up here!" I shouted. Zayn just shrugged.

"Lad, you peeked at her getting undressed, and that is just messed up." He said shaking his head. I slapped my hand to my forehead as I looked back at Liz. She was fuming with anger, which was kind of cute. No! Stop it Lou! I thought. Seriously, why did she have to be so cute?! It wasn't fair that I had to hide my feelings just so our group would stay together. I sighed as I walked up to her and put my hands on her shoulders.

"Liz, I'm sorry. I just..." My voice trailed off, and instinct took over. You mother fucker! A voice screamed as a moved my hands to the back of her head, and smashed our lips together. My fingers began running through her long blond hair as our lips were moving in sync. Was she enjoying this as much as I was? I felt her smooth hands move down my bare chest, then push hard, causing me to jerk away from her.You fucked up big time now Louis. I thought.

"What the hell Louis?!" She screamed, backing up into the street. I just stared at her, and no one said any words.

"Liz...Liz, I can explain-!" I yelled as she turned away to run. That's when it all happened. It was so fast, it took me half a minute to even manage to open it as a possibility. The driver got out screaming. It was a woman in her mid forties, with two younger kids in the car, but I didn't move, I just stared at her unconscious bloody body lying in the street. It was all my fault. If I hadn't kissed her, this wouldn't have happened. I heard Mrs. Callway's blood curdling scream from behind me, but I still stood there staring. Why did it have to happen to her? Liz never did anything wrong. It was all my fault.

*END OF FLASHBACK*

Tears began streaming down my face as I remembered yesterday. The day I killed the girl I have loved since we were just little kids. I knew it was all a bad idea! Something in the back of me head told me to stop, but I didn't listen. What was wrong with me? I wasn't even optimistic about it. What was there to be optimistic about? Liz got ran over by a car. It would be a miracle if she woke up. What would Mr. and Mrs. Callaway say? Would they even want to see me again? The boy who killed their only child? Before I knew it, I was sitting there just sobbing my eyes out. Damn it Lou, pull yourself together! I scolded myself in my head. I was told as a boy, that men had to be strong, and that women were the ones who did the crying, not men. I had to be strong for Liz, she would...she would tell me that it would be okay. I couldn't hold it in any longer. I took her hand, let my head drop, and cried. I let out all the tears I had held in as a kid. Every bit of sadness just flowed out. Liz was always the one who kept me together. Without her my life would just fall apart. I needed her, I really did. I needed her more than anyone else in the world. I know I'm not the easiest person to get along with, but Liz was the one person that made everything okay. Seeing her smile every day made it all okay. Finally, I let it all out.

"Liz...please, I am begging you, wake up! I love you so much, and without you, I can't move on with my life. I will just break down, because you are what gives me strength. I love you Liz, I love you, I love you, I love you...please, just wake up. If you wake up, I swear I will never let anyone, or anything hurt you ever again. I swear on my life Liz..." I said through sobs. She didn't even flinch. I squeezed her hand tighter. "Damn it Liz! Wake, UP! PLEASE!" I cried but she was unresponsive. I cried louder and just let the tears fall. I sat there for five minutes just crying. I even saw a puddle forming on the hospital floor. After a while, the nurse came in and told me that visiting hours were over, and that I had to leave. I wiped the tears away and held everything in again. As I was walking towards the door, I heard a familiar voice call out to me.

"Lou?" A soft whisper asked. I turned around and saw Liz, barely opening her eyes, and barely speaking. "Lou...what happened? Where are we?" She asked again. I ran over to her and held her close.

"LIZ!" I cried, over joyed to hear her voice again.

"Louis! Where the hell are we and what happened?" She asked once again, pushing me off her...how much did she remember exactly?

"Well...we were at our pool...and when we were done you wanted to go back to your house to change...and, well, you didn't see a car coming and you got hit." I said with zero confidence. Wow Louis, horrible lie, she will never believe-

"Oh...well, I guess I can be a little clumsy sometimes. I should really watch where I'm going!" She giggled. It...worked? It worked! She doesn't know about the kiss or me peeping on her getting changed. Almost like it never happened! Everything was back to normal, but I was keeping my promise that I made to her. No one would ever hurt Liz while I was still around, and that would be for a long time. If anyone tries to hurt Liz, I will risk my life to save her. We may never be together, but I will make sure she is always safe, even if she hates me for it, one day, maybe she'll understand.