Chapter 21:

*Liam's P.O.V*

I sat in the hospital room, wondering if I even had a chance with Elizabeth now that we were starting out fresh. After all, Louis had everything I didn't have. He's known her far longer then I have, which meant he probably knew Elizabeth right down to the core. I only knew whatever came up ion conversation. Maybe there was no choice but to give up...no. No, I still had to try. If I gave up now, Elizabeth would see think that she meant nothing to me, when in all reality she was my world. We had something no one else had. She knows it, otherwise she would've just picked Louis. It was still worth a try.

"Excuse me, Liam?" An elderly voice asked. My head snapped up nto see Miss Callaway smiling down on me. I wiped away my tears and sprung up from my seat.

"M-miss Callaway, hi, I-I'm-" I started, holding out my hand, but she cut me off, and shook my hand.

"Liam, you don't have to be so nervous. My granddaughter has told me much about you, and please, call me Nan." She sweetly chimed. Elizabeth...talked about me? A wide smile spread across my face at that very thought. I had to mean something to her if she talked about me, right? She was thinkikng of me, and considering she was being completely sweet towards me, it had to be good talk.

"Someone needs to calm the fuck down." Louis laughed. Nan looked past me and walked a short distance over to Louis. She then put her hands on her hips, and flicked him on the ear. "OW!" He shouted.

"Louis William Tomlinson, you do not use that kind of language! Especially in the presence of a lady!" Nan scolded, causing me to laugh a bit. She turned around on her heels, then smiled up at me. "C'mon Liam, let's take a walk. I would like to speak with you." She said to me, then proceeding to walk down the hospital hallway. I glanced back to Lou, who just shrugged and went back to goofing off on his phone. With a sigh leaving my lips, I trailed behind Nan, then speeding up to walk beside her. My We came upon the bridge and she stopped to look out the windows on to the horizon. Our small town was on the south coast of England, so you could see the beach from where we stood. Slowly, light filled the dark voids of the town. It was official, I hadn't slept since yesterday. Through all of the stupid shit going on, I got absolutely no sleep. Exhaustion was creeping up on me fast, and even though I felt as though I would pass out from exhaustion, I didn't regret anything. If I did, I would be saying I regret living, and I regret meeting Elizabeth.

"So, Liam, you have a...persay, interest, in my granddaughter?" Nan asked. I lightly smiled.

"Yeah, I-I do. A-and I hope you're okay with that, because i-if you're not I-" I panicked, but she cut me off. (Thank God...)

"You are so jumpy right now! I feel like I'm asking you if you murdered someone!" She laughed. "Why on Earth is that?"

"Well, I mean, I want to make a good impression on you. The last thing I want to do right now is screw up." I explained. Nan gazed over at me, slightly confused.

"Is it really that important to you?" She asked me. Slowly, I nodded, then added onto what I had said before.

"You see Miss Ca...Nan, sorry, ehm, well..." I started, awkwardly correcting myself, then letting out a stressful sigh. "It's just...Elizabeth is starting over again with Louis and I, and that means she'll forget what he and I did, bad or good. I'm just worried about what will happen. She's all I've been able to think about. Louis knows everything about her, and I only know what came up in our conversations, which isn't a whole lot copmpared to Louis who has known her for her whole life. I just...I don't want to loose her. Everything about her just makes me wwant to know more about her." I explained.

"Well Liam, I like how presistant you are. You seem to care a great deal about Elizabeth." Nan sighed. "Actually, you sound much like my husband Paul./ Just by the way you speak of Elizabeth with a smile on your face. I would go as far as asking...you love Elizabeth...don't you?" She asked me. Love? That was a strong word, but seeing as like was too little of one, I guess I did. I knew that love was a strong word, and I tossed it around a bit, but this was something else considering who I was talking to. Elizabeth was basically Nan's world considering her husband died, and I couldn't just say I loved Elizabeth and not mean it. So I really did love Elizabeth. From the moment I layed eyes on her on that large stage, I knew there was something...different about her. She was so beautiful and just by hearing the sound of her voice, I knew that she was someone different from anyone else. Elizabeth was her own person, and I only now realized that if I ever tried to deny it, it would fail. I loved her. I loved her more than anyone else.

"Yes...I do." I replied. "More than anyone else can ever imagine." I added at the end. The moment I blinked, I was already fighting back tears. For some reason, the thought of loosing her popped into my head, and I wanted it gone. I couldn't loose her, not after everything we've been through together. She changed my world, no, she was my world. And considering Louis has scared off every other guy who even thought of coming close to her but me, I was guessing that if in fact I did loose her...well, I would really rather not think about that.

"Yes, well, I only think its fair warning to tell you that Louis has been in love with the girl since he was ten years old. He won't hold back if he has the chance to finally call her his, and he will do anything to be able to do so." Nan sighed, patting me on the back. "I swear, that boy hasn't ever let another guy near her."

"Oh, I know, Elizabeth has told me pleanty of stories." I scoffed. She laughed a bit also, then sighed once again.

"Louis just...has problems expressing his anger. He always has, but when hes around Elizabeth, I see that he's learning, almost like he's just more calm around her. He could be ready to hit Zayn and the moment he looks at Elizabeth...he's calm again. Though when they were thirteen, a guy went to ask Elizabeth on a date, and she ended up having to pry Louis off of him so the guy wouldn't bleed to death from the punches." Nan laughed. Not Surprised.

"Yeah, I mean...Louis is a good guy."

"Oh, yes, definitly, I'm not saying he isn't, but you were right when you were talking to her in there. It's her choice, and I just hope she'll make the right one. I know this isn't marrige or anything, but I just don't want her to loose either one of you."

"You don't have to worry about that, I would never leave. I care about her too much." I stated, and Nan nodded lightly in approval.

"Well, Liam, it was nice getting to know you, but now I must ask, why was Harry planning to shoot you?" She asked. I bit my lip, wondering if she would turn Harry in if I told the truth. "This is just to check if Elizabeth was telling the truth and not still in some kind of...daze fron the surgery." She added.

"W-well, Harry...he never grew up in the greatest home. He's like Louis in a way. He just doesn't know how to really express himself when it comes to anger. So when he saw Elizabeth and I together, and he didn't like it, he just decided it would be easier to...shoot me. B-but in all honesty it was kind of my fault! He talked to me a bit before and I didn't listen to him. I could have stopped this from happening." I explained.

"I just don't get it," Nan sighed, rubbing the temples of her forehead. "you're all just kids. It makes no sense to me whatsoever."

"Trust me Nan, neither do I." I sighed.

When she walked away, I was left to watch the sun rise on my own, thinking about everything that happened in the past week. I fell in love, thought I got the girl, when really, I ruined a friendship, almost lost my life, then was saved by the very girl I fell in love with. Some of that all in one night. Now I had the last two weeks of summer to win her back.