Chapter 18:

(A/N: Hey guys! Real quick, I wanted to tell you that in the next chapter or two, the story will be coming to a close. I know! So sad! But have no fear! I am hopefully going to be posting a sequeal in the near future. In the meantime, enjoy Chapter 18!)

*Elizabeth's P.O.V*

"STOP THE CAR!" Shouted Ed, and Louis slammed on the breaks, causing Louis and I to jerk forward from our seats We were stopped under a barely lit street lamp. You could see a light mist falling from the sky in the dim light. Usually, this only happened before big thunderstorms.

"Jesus Christ Ed! What the hell is it?!" Louis demanded to know in anger.

"It's Harry. He text me and he is ready to shoot." Ed stated. I immediately unbuckled my seat belt and opened the car door.

"Liz, wait!" Louis called out, but I was out of the car and ready to go. My feet swiftly carried me as fast as I could. Liam was going to be okay. I was going to get there on time, and we would all be okay. I wouldn't let anything happen to Liam. After all, I loved him. He was mine, and I was his, right?

I kept running faster and faster down the street, (even though Vans weren't really the best sneakers for running) Eventually, I made it to the train yard, and I could hear the others quickly following behind. Louis was almost completely caught up to me, but there was no time to check on everyone else. I had to get there before Harry pulled the trigger. If I didn't, I would never forgive myself.

"LIAM!" I screamed as I ran into the field. There he was, hands tied behind his back, tears rolling down his cheeks, and a horrible twinge of fear in his beautiful warm brown eyes. I let out a shaky sigh of relief, knowing that we made it on time. Harry had the gun securely in his hand, but his head was turned toward us. I took one step, but stopped as I heard the terrible sound of the gun loaded. My head snapped up toward Harry, who had a solemn look on his face.

"One more step Callaway, that's all it takes, and a bullet goes through his head." He yelled at me. He and Liam weren't too far away from me, so I could easily run over to Liam in two seconds, but Harry was the one with the gun. At the moment, he called all the shots. God, if I hadn't overreacted to Liam snapping at me, this wouldn't be happening. A single tear drop slipped down my cheek as I turned to Liam, and saw the desperation in his eyes. We were both so young, and there were so many things that he wouldn't get to do. Even if we didn't end up together, no one wanted to see him dead. Slowly, I mouthed the words 'I love you' to him, and all he did was let his head drop down. In that one movement, so much was said. 'I'm sorry for snapping. I love you so much. Please just know that I love you.' My glance switched to Louis, and he was just as confused as I was. We were both completely out of ideas. "Now get out of here, before I shoot you guys too!" He called out to us, now pointing the gun right at Liam.

"Harry, put the gun down." Louis said calmly.

"Oh yeah? And who's going to make me?" Harry chuckled.

"Please, Harry, I am begging you." I sobbed, but all I got was a Harry smirk. No...no, no, no, this wasn't real. I couldn't let this happen. I looked back to Louis for an answer, any kind of answer, and he just gave me a sympathetic look, but I was done.

"LIAM!" I screamed

Done with the whole "We tried" shit. I was saving Liam, even if it cost me my life.

"Elizabeth, STOP!"

"Liz, LIZ, NO!"

The last two things I heard before the gun shot rang out. I was running for Liam, and felt a horrible stinging in my right shoulder as I fell to the ground right in front of Liam. The bullet didn't hit me, but Harry's aim was off just enough to miss Liam, but give me a deep gash in my shoulder.