Chapter Twenty Seven The United Nations

March 20th 2050

It was a beautiful day in Brand New York City, one of Americas most populated cities. The city was the home of the Statue of Liberty, Americas greatest national landmark and the headquarters of the United Nations. Outside the UN building, were the 100,000 soldiers of the United States Army Advanced Warfare Regiments, they were in the formation of squares that went down the whole street and people eagerly looked on at them from the sidewalk. Tanks were in-between the rows and armoured vehicles were by their sides. Even the crimson Mammoth was in the street, it just about fit and there were over 50 soldiers on it. Inside the UN headquarters, the leaders of the most powerful nations on Earth were gathered at the table in front of the podium. Ambassadors from every nation were in the seats behind them and at the Podium was General Hunter Spears Padlock the 1st. The world leaders that were assembled were Leon Kurchatov, the President of the Russian Federation, Ellen Umbutu, President of the African Federation, Nigel Faraday, Prime Minister of the European Union, Hanako Yamashiro, President of the New Alliance of Asia, which consisted of Japan, Korea, Taiwan and China. At the centre of these leaders was the most powerful of them all, Andrew Myers, the United States President and hard-line Liberal.

Around them were news cameras and delegates from every country. General Padlock looked at President Myers as he said "Everyone, thank you for coming, now we've all been told of the future to come and its not a bright one". President Kurchatov proceeded to say "Quite literally, mainly because those nukes caused nuclear winters in some places". Myers replied with "Yes indeed and not to mention the billions of lives that were lost in the War of Annihilation". With grief in his voice, General Padlock said "Yes, my parents and brother among them". Prime Minister Faraday proceeded to ask "Did any governments survive the war?" General Padlock answered Faraday with "Unfortunately not a single pre-war government survived the war, all were either killed by the bombs, or hunted down by War-Net". A disturbed look came on the face of Prime Minister Faraday. Hanako Yamashiro, Asia's first female president, then asked "Did any military forces survive to see the end of the war?" General Padlock told her the fate of the military "Some remnants of the military did survive, they became resistance cells and established their own nations after the war". A thought then came into Myers head, it was "What was the fate of the Patriots Party?" Myers asked General Padlock the Patriots Party's fate. General Padlock let out a moan, just thinking of that party of bigotry and hatred made him sick to the stomach. He answered with "Ten years from now, the Patriots Party are going to announce that if in power, they will strip Hispanic Americans of their right to vote". A man who was a delegate from the Republic of Central America got up and angrily said "WHAT!?"

"Please sit down Mr Sanchez" said President Myers. Sanchez got down and General Padlock said "The President at the time, whose identity we will not disclose for Democratic reasons, finally had enough and permanently banned the Patriots Party". Immediately, Americans all over the country burst into cheering and applause, knowing that the Patriots Party, the racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, anti democratic, anti immigrant, anti Muslim, anti Jewish and Fascist political party which had been a stain on their nation, would be banned forever more and America would be saved from Trumpism. Outside people started cheering like mad and flag bearers waved the Star bangled banner. Once the cheering subsided, Myers said "Well it was about TIME BMTSK!" laughter was heard around them to this little joke. General Padlock then said "Not only is automation of the military dangerous, but it also eliminates job opportunities for the average worker". Boris Johnson the 3rd, the Ambassador for the European Union, objected saying "Automation of the Armed Forces makes war safer, we will just be more careful". A shocked look fell upon General Padlocks face, an angry look then appeared as he said "Maybe you will repent of that once I show you this". He then used a holographic projector to show the destroyed city of Brand New York. The buildings were heavily damaged by the bombs, some buildings had completely collapsed, burnt cars littered the streets and the Statue of Liberty had collapsed! All were in shock at this horrible sight. Just before Myers could reply, his bodyguard got on his knees and shouted with pure anger "You MANIACS! You BLEW IT UP!" DAMN YOU! DAMN YOU all to HELL!!!!!!" He then got back up and started chanting "Hey HO! War-Net has got to GO!

He chanted this for about ten seconds and the delegates started chanting "Hey HO! War-Net has got to GO!" as well. Before they knew it, the world leaders and the people outside were chanting. It went on for several minutes before President Myers said "Its official, we will hold a vote in half an hour on whether or not automation of the Armed Forces should be banned, WORLDWIDE!" Cheering was then heard all around them in response to this declaration and applause was also heard. Half an hour later the vote took place...... it had been unanimous. When President Myers turned on the voter pads, the UN General Assembly, delegates and world leaders all pressed green for "Yes". A mere hour later, the "Automation Accords" were passed into international law. The Accords were split into 3 different laws: 1 Automation shall be limited to emergency equipment. 2 Automation shall not take place in any military forces. 3 Violation of these Accords shall be met with harsh sanctions by the United Nations. All over the world, people celebrated that the War of Annihilation would never happen, that with the help of future technology, Human civilisation would elevate to the next level and be better than ever. It was the beginning of a whole new age, the "Technology Renaissance" and it would be a good one.

Two hours after the Accords were passed, President Myers made a speech on live television, regarding the future to come. He said "My fellow Americans and the people of the world, as you know, War-Net has been erased from existence along with the War of Annihilation and a new future has been created". Cheering was then heard across the country, from Brand New York to Los Angeles and from Seattle to Mexico City. Myers then proceeded to say "However we do not know what this new future will hold for us all, but with the assistance of the future technology, We are hopeful that the new future shall be a bright one and a prosperous one as well". Myers then said "When the F.P.A, now the United States Army Advanced Warfare Regiments, travelled back in time, they did so with great courage and bravery, as well as the records of every natural disaster that shall happen from this day forward, with this information, we will be able to evacuate areas, before a natural disaster strikes, of course it wont last forever, but we will make the best of this information and save countless lives". Myers finished with "It is now time for humanity to put our waring ways behind us, We must stop dwelling on the past as we have always done, its what led to the World Wars and the Cold war, but there is a cure to this, forgiveness, instead of vengeance, cooperation, instead of rivalry and peace instead of war. We do not know what new future awaits us, but with the technology from the future, We will build a better future together as one species, God bless you all, God bless America and God bless Humanity".

The broadcast then ended and Myers got up from the desk in the news room. The personnel and his bodyguards congratulated him on the speech. General Padlock then asked Myers "You think we will have the moon colonised with this tech?" Myers responded with "Indeed, I'm going to announce plans to colonise the moon by the end of this decade". General Padlock smiled and said "Make it your campaign goal this election year then". Myers smiled and said "Of course, but for now, the Emergency State of the Union address awaits".